News Articles Featuring Project Viva Findings!
- Health Shorts: Pregnancy, Birth weights, Pain pills
Herald Tribune, 19 December 2017
- Sugary Diet During Pregnancy May Increase Asthma Risk in Children
The New York Times, 8 December 2017
- Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby: The risks of Excess Weight
- Study suggests drinking soda in pregnancy affects kids' weight
A team of Project Viva Investigators, lead by Sheryl Rifas-Shiman, found that amother's consumption of sugary beverages during pregnanct is associated with her child's weight in mid-childhood.
Boston Globe, 10 July 2017
- Drinking sugary beverages in pregnancy linked to kids' later weight gain
ScienceNews, 10 July 2017
- Sugary drinks in pregnancy can lead to weight woes in childhood, study says
Philly.com, 10 July 2017
- Lack of sleep linked to behavioral problems in kids
Project Viva Investigator Dr. Elsie Taveras found that children's sleep during their preschool years may be related to neurobehavioral problems in mid-childhood. Children who had insufficient sleep in early childhood were more likely to experience behavioral problems and have poor executive function skills, such as working memory and inhibitory control.
FoxNews, 17 March 2017
- Poor Sleep in Preschool Years Could Mean Behavior Troubles Later
U.S. News and World Report, 15 March 2017
- Too little sleep in preschool could mean behavior problems later
CBS News, 15 March 2017
- Study flags later risks for sleep-deprived kids
Harvard Gazette, 10 March 2017
Project Viva Investigators, Dr. Matt Gilman, Dr. Emma Eggleston, and Dr. Elsie Taveras, were featured in HBO series 'Weight of the Nation.' This short documentary focuses on the effects of pre-pregnancy weight and gestational weight gain on childhood obesity.
Currently on HBO/ HBOgo