LONGITUDINAL COURSE IN CLINICAL MEDICINE (LCCM): #ME725M.J
Spring Semester: January 11, 2017-March 3, 2017
2018 Dates Announced: January 17, 2018-March 9, 2018
This eight week course is designed to help students maintain their clinical skills while away from clinical medicine, and/or to refresh clinical skills after a hiatus following their introduction to clinical medicine courses or clinical clerkships. This course may be particularly useful for those students (M.D.-Ph.D. students among others) who are beginning their transition back to full-time clinical clerkships following a protracted period of non-clinical pursuits. This course is not intended for students who have taken off for a year or less.
Course Location: Countway Library
There are three aspects to this course:
1. A weekly plenary session (Wednesdays, 4:00-6:00 p.m.) begins with a re-introduction to the clinical history and physical exam, and is followed in subsequent weeks by interactive case discussions presenting common clinical problems (e.g., fever, chest pain, abdominal pain).
2. Students will participate in Attending Rounds with a specific Medical Service Team at BWH or MGH three times during the course. These rounds expose the student to inpatient clinical management. Seven times during the course, students will be assigned a patient from that service to "work-up.”
3. Seven times during the course, each student will meet individually with his/her clinical preceptor to present, examine and discuss the patient they have evaluated. Preceptors will be offered at both BWH and MGH.
Based on active participation in all 3 portions of the course.
Course Directors and Primary Contacts
Sign Up Instructions
1. Please e-mail the MD-PhD Program office at email@example.com if you are interested in taking this course.
2. Please notify the HMS registrar to receive 1 credit for the course.