1. Rout N, Else JG, Yue S, Connole M, Exley MA, Kaur A. Paucity of CD4+ natural killer T(NKT) lymphocytes in sooty mangabeys is associated with lack of NKT cell depletion after SIV infection. PLoS ONE 2010; 5(3): e9787.
2. Meythaler M, Martinot A, Wang Z, Pryputniewicz S, Kasheta M, Ling B, Marx PA, O’Neil S, Kaur A. Differential CD4+ T lymphocyte apoptosis and bystander T cell activation in rhesus macaques and sooty mangabeys during acute SIV infection. J. Virol. 2009; 83:572-583.
3. Kaur A, Sanford HB, Garry D, Lang S, Klumpp SA, Watanabe D, Bronson RT, Lifson JD, Rosati M, Pavlakis GN, Felber BK, Knipe DM, Desrosiers RC. Ability of herpes simplex virus vectors to boost immune responses to DNA vectors and to protect against challenge by simian immunodeficiency virus. Virology 2007; 357: 199-214.
4. Wang, Z, Metcalf, B, Ribeiro, RM, McClure, H, Kaur, A. Th-1 type cytotoxic CD8+ T lymphocyte responses to simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) are a consistent feature of natural SIV infection in sooty mangabeys. J. Virol. 2006; 80: 2771-2783.
5. Kaur A, Kassis N, Hale Cl, Simon MA, Elliott M, Gomez-Yafal A, Lifson JD, Desrosiers RC, Wang F, Barry P, Mach M, Johnson RP. Direct relationship between suppression of virus-specific immunity and emergence of cytomegalovirus disease in simian AIDS. J. Virol. 2003; 77:5749-5758.