Thursdays, 12:30 p.m.
New Research Building, Room 1031
- Thursday, September 20, 2012
Galit Alter, Harvard Medical School
“Beyond Neutralizaiton: Antibody Function during HIV Infection and Vaccination”
- Thursday, September 27, 2012
Dr. Sean Whelan, Harvard Medical School
- Thursday, October 4, 2012
Dr. Dan Kuritzkes, Brigham & Women's Hospital
- Thursday, October 11, 2012
- Thursday, October 18, 2012
Dr. Elliott Kieff, M.D., Ph.D., Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women's Hospital
"EBV Proteins Have Profound Genome Wide Effects on B-Lymphocyte Growth and Survival"
- Thursday, October 25, 2012
Dr. Laimons (Lou) Lamins, Northwestern Medical School
"Human Papillomaviruses and the DNA Damage Response"
- Thursday, November 1, 2012
Dr. Sylvie LeGall, Massachusetts General Hospital
"Mechanisms of HIV Protein Degradation Into Epitopes Presented to Immune Cells"
- Thursday, November 8, 2012
- Thursday, November 15, 2012
Dr. Ron Desrosiers, HMS/NERPRC
"Vaccine and Vectored Immunoprophylaxis Approaches for the Prevention of HIV/AIDS"
- Thursday, November 22, 2012 - NO SEMINAR
- Thursday, November 29, 2012
Dr. James Cunningham, Harvard Medical School/ Brigham and Women’s Hospital
"Chemical Dissection of Ebola Virus Infection"
- Thursday, December 6, 2012
Dr. Jeremy Luban, University of Massachusetts Medical School
"TRIM5 is an innate immune receptor for the retrovirus capsid lattice"
- Thursday, December 13, 2012
Dr. Max Nibert, Harvard Medical School
- Thursday, December 20, 2012 - NO SEMINAR
- Thursday, December 27, 2012 - NO SEMINAR
- Thursday, January 3, 2013 - NO SEMINAR
- Thursday, January 10, 2013
- Thursday, January 17, 2013
Dr. Bruno Canard, AFMB, France
"The interplay of viral RNA synthesis, repair, and capping in (+)RNA viruses"
- Thursday, January 24, 2013
Dr. Akiko Iwasaki, Yale University
"Innate and adaptive immune control of viruses"
- Thursday, January 31, 2013
- Thursday, February 7, 2013
Sun Hur, Ph.D., Harvard Medical School/Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
"Innate immune mechanism for viral dsRNA detection by RIG-I like receptors"
- Thursday, February 14, 2013
Julie Pfeiffer, Ph.D., UT Southwestern
"How gut microbes enhance enteric virus infectivity"
- Thursday, February 21, 2013
James DeCaprio, M.D., Harvard Medical School/Dana Farber Cancer Institute
"The Scourge of Human Polyomaviruses"
- Thursday, February 28, 2013
Mark Young, Ph.D.,, Montana State University
"Strange Viruses: Advances in Archael Virus Structure and Function"
- Thursday, March 7, 2013
R. Paul Johnson, M.D., HMS/NEPRC
"Natural killer cells and SIV immunopathogenesis"
- Thursday, March 14, 2013
Glenn Randall, Ph.D., University of Chicago
Co-sponsored by NERCE
"Home remodeling: hepatitis C and dengue virus-host interactions"
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 - NO SEMINAR
- Thursday, March 28, 2013
Priscilla Yang, Harvard Medical School
"Chemical approaches to the study of viruses"
- Thursday, April 4, 2013
Sandra Weller, PhD, University of Connecticut Health Center
"How Herpes Simplex Virus navigates a hostile environment to establish a lytic infection"
- Thursday, April 11, 2013 - NO SEMINAR
- Thursday, April 18, 2013 - NO SEMINAR
- Thursday, April 25, 2013 - Virology/BCMP co-sponsored seminar
Vishwanath Lingappa, MD, PhD, University of California, San Francisco; Prosetta Antiviral, Inc.
“The Host-Catalyzed Capsid Assembly Pathway: Implications for Anti-Viral Drug Discovery and More”
- Thursday, May 2, 2013 - NO SEMINAR
- Thursday, May 9, 2013 - Virology CFAR co-sponsored seminar
Dr. Peter Cherepanov, PhD, Imperial College London; London Research Institute;
“Structural Biology of Retroviral DNA Integration”
- Thursday, May 30, 2013 - NO SEMINAR: COMMENCEMENT DAY
Check back frequently as updated information will be posted as it is received