Timeline for completing the degree
- BIG program core and elective coursework.
- Students complete two 8 to 12 week lab rotations.
- Students meet at least twice during year with academic advisor(s).
- Core and elective coursework completed by the end of G2
- Dissertation laboratory declared by the end of September OR student meets, by the end of September, with program head or designate for an approved plan.
- Students take and pass Preliminary Qualifying Examination (PQE) by November of G3. PQE available at 4 times: March or May of G2, September or October of G3.
- Complete PQE.
- First Dissertation Advisory Committee (DAC) meeting held no later than September 30 of the G3 year: A DAC report is submitted to the program administrator no more than two days after every DAC meeting.
- Second DAC meeting held no later than the end of G3 year: Research progress should compel the DAC to confirm in the report that project can plausibly lead to a dissertation.
- Complete Clinical Component
- DAC meeting held no later than end of the G4 year: DAC confirms research direction and/or progress likely leads to dissertation within 18 months.
- DAC meeting held no later than end of December of the G4 year or within 6 months of the previous DAC meeting: DAC confirms strong indication of progress towards completion.
- Final DAC Meeting