PROGRAMS FOR FELLOWS AND JUNIOR FACULTY
The Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship sponsored by:
The Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership and
The Office for Postdoctoral Fellows
Diversity: A Cornerstone of Excellence
“…building a diverse and inclusive group of leaders, faculty, staff and students …is of paramount importance to our common mission: to advance health through teaching, research and service.”
Dean Jeffrey Flier’s Diversity Statement
As part of an effort to promote a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences among its faculty and trainees, Harvard Medical School invites applications for the Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship.
The Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership in collaboration with the Office for Postdoctoral Fellows will award two-year postdoctoral fellowships per year to two promising researchers in the fields of basic or social sciences. The Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship at Harvard Medical School will prepare postdoctoral scientists, particularly scientists from minority and disadvantaged backgrounds, for cutting-edge research careers. This fellowship will position the right candidate to make major contributions as scientific and societal leaders.
Fellows will benefit from a highly innovative and creative research environment that emphasizes scientific rigor, collaboration, and the pursuit of excellence in science.
Additional benefits include:
- Obtain outstanding training to develop necessary skills for career success and advancement
- Thrive with the guidance of an experienced mentor
- Build your professional network and participate in a collaborative and collegial environment
- Experience opportunities to acquire skills necessary to become an expert and leader in your field
- Receive a stipend with benefits
- Receive up to $1,250 per year allowance for professional development