Harvard Medical School
Fellowship in General
Medicine and Primary Care
Beth Israel Deaconess
1309 Beacon Street CO-211
Brookline, MA 02446
Tel (617) 754-1434
Fax (617) 754-1440
Email: GIM Fellowship
PUBLICATIONS IN PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS
based on work performed by
Fellows during their participation in the
Harvard Faculty Development and Fellowship Program
- Ahluwalia JS, Roberts MS, Calkins DR. House staff knowledge of prevention guidelines. Am J Health Promotion 1993; 6:101-4.
- Allen AS, Forman JP, Orav EJ, Bates DW, Denker BM, Sequist TD. Primary Care Management of Chronic Kidney Disease. J Gen Intern Med. 2010 Oct 5.
[Epub ahead of print]
- Amowitz LL, Komaroff Al, Miletich JP, Ridker PM. Factor V Leiden is not a risk factor for myocardial infarction among young women. Blood 1999;93:1432-3.
- Amowitz LL, Sobel BE. Cardiovascular consequences of polycystic ovary syndorome. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 1999;28:439-58.
- Arnsten JH, Gelfand JM, Singer DE. Determinants of compliance with anticoagulation: A case-control study. Am J Med 1997;103:11-7.
- Arozullah AM, Ferreira Mr, Bennett RL, Gilman S. Henderson WG, Daley J, Khuri S. Bennett CL. Racial variation in the use of laparoscopic cholecystectomy
in the Department of Veterans Affairs medical system. J Am Coll Surg 1999;188:604-22.
- Arozullah AM, Daley J, Henderson WG, Khuri SF. Multifactorial risk index for predicting postoperative respiratory failure in men after major noncardiac
surgery. The National Veterans Administration Surgical Quality Improvement Program. Ann Surg 2000;232:242-53.
- Atlas SJ, Singer DE, Skates SJ. Changing blood use in the AIDS era: The case of elective hip surgery. Transfusion 1994; 34:386-391.NB: Accompanying
editorial by Heaton WAL. Changing patterns of blood use. Transfusion 1994: 34;365-7.
- Patrick DL, Deyo RA, Atlas SJ, Singer DE, Chapin A, Keller RB. Assessing health-related quality of life in patients with sciatica. Spine 1995;20:1899-1909.
- Atlas SJ, Benzer TI, Borowsky LH, Chang Y, Burnham DC, Metlay JP, Halm EA, Singer DE. Safely increasing the proportion of patients
with community-acquired pneumonia treated as outpatients: an interventional trial. Arch Intern Med 1998;158:1350-6.
- Auerbach AD, Hamel MB, Davis RB, Connors AF Jr, Regueiro C, Desbiens N, Goldman L, Califf RM, Dawson NV, Wenger N, Vidaillet H, Phillips RS. Resource
use and survival of patients hospitalized with congestive heart failure: differences in care by specialty of the attending physician. SUPPORT Investigators.
Study to Understand Prognoses and Preferences for Outcomes and Risks of Treatments. Ann Intern Med 2000;132:191-200.
- Auerbach AD, Nelson EA, Lindenauer PK, Pantilat SZ, Katz PP, Wachter RM. Physician attitudes toward and prevalence of the hospitalist model of
care: results of a national survey. Am J Med 2000;109:648-53.
- Auerbach AD, Hamel MB, Califf RM, Davis RB, Wenger NS, Desbiens N, Goldman L, Vidaillet H, Connors AF, Lynn J, Dawson NV, Phillips RS. Patient
characteristics associated with care by a cardiologist among adults hospitalized with severe congestive heart failure. SUPPORT Investigators. Study to
Understand Prognoses and Preferences for Outcomes and Risks of Treatments. J Am Coll Cardiol 2000;36:2119-25.
- Ayanian JZ, Epstein AM. Differences in the use of procedures between women & men hospitalized for coronary heart disease. N Engl J Med 1991;325:221-5.
- Guadagnoli E, Ayanian JZ, Cleary PD. Comparison of patient-reported outcomes after elective coronary artery bypass grafting in patients 65 years
of age to those < 65 years of age. Am J Cardiol 1992; 70:60-4.
- Ayanian JZ, Udvarhelyi IS, Gatsonis CA, Pashos CL, Epstein AM. Racial differences in the use of revascularization procedures after coronary angiography.
- Ayanian JZ, Kohler BA, Abe T, Epstein Am. The relation between health insurance coverage and clinical outcomes among women with breast cancer.
N Engl J Med 1993;329:326-31.
- Baggett TP, O’Connell JJ, Singer DE, Rigotti NA. The Unmet Health Care Needs of Homeless Adults: A National Study. Am J Public Health 2010;100:1326-33.
- Baggett TP, Rigotti NA. Cigarette Smoking and Advice to Quit in a National Sample of Homeless Adults. Forthcoming, Am J Prev Med 2010.
- Barr RG, Woodruff PG, Clark S, Camargo Jr CA. Sudden-onset asthma exacerbations: Clinical features, response to therapy, and 2-week follow-up.
European Resp J 2000;15:266-73.
- Barr RG, Diez-Roux AV, Knirsch Ca, Pablos-Mendez A. Neighborhood poverty and the resurgence of tuberculosis in New York City, 1984 to 1992. Am
J Pub Health 2001;91:1487-93.
- Barr RG, Cooper DM, Speizer FE, Drazen JM, Camargo CA Jr. Beta(2)-adrenoceptor polymorphism and body mass index are associated with adult-onset
asthma in sedentary but not active women. Chest 2001;120:1474-9.
- Barr RG, Rowe BH, Camargo CA Jr. Methy;-xanthines for exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2001:CD002168.
- Barr RG, Somers SC, Speizer FE, Camargo CA Jr; National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP). Patient factors and medication guideline
adherence among older women with asthma. Arch Intern Med 2002;162:1761-8.
- Barr RG, Nathan DM, Meigs JB, Singer DE. Tests of glycemia for the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Ann Intern Med 2002;137:263-72.
- Barr RG, Herbstman J, Speizer FE, Camargo CA Jr. Validation of self-reported chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a cohort study of nurses.
Am J Epidemiology 2002;155:965-71.
- Bordley DR, Muslin AI, Dolan JG, Richardson WS, Barry MJ, Polio J, Griner PF. Early clinical signs to identify low-risk patients with acute upper
gastrointestinal hemorrhage. JAMA 1985;253:3282-5.
- Richter JM, Barry MJ. Decision analysis for the practicing gastroenterologist. 2. Insights in to the efficacy of diagnostic strategies using decision
analysis. Am J Gastroenterol 1986; 80:493-7.
- Barry MJ, Muller AG, Richter JM. Effect of workup strategy on the cost-effectiveness of fecal occult blood screening for colorectal cancer. Gastroenterol
- Barry MJ, Mulley AG, Fowler FJ, Wennberg JE. Watchful waiting vs immediate transurethral resection for symptomatic prostatism: the importance of
patients' preferences. JAMA 1988; 259:3010-7.
- Fowler FJ, Wennberg JE, Timothy RP, Barry MJ, Mulley AG, Hanley D. Symptom status and quality of life following prostatectomy. JAMA 1988;259:3018-22.
- Barton MB, Pearson SD: Principles and practice of case mix adjustment. Journal of the Irish College of Physicians and Surgeons 1996;25:119-23.
- Elmore JG, Barton MB, Moceri VM, Polks S, Arena PJ, Fletcher SW. Ten-year risk of false positive screening mammograms and clinical breast examinations.
N Engl J Med 1998;338:1089-96.
- Barton MB, Elmore JG, Fletcher SW. Breast symptoms among women enrolled in a health maintenance organization: frequency, evaluation, and outcome.
Ann Intern Med 1999;130:651-7.
- Barton MB, Harris R, Fletcher SW. Does this patient have breast cancer? The screening clinical breast examination: Should it be done? How? JAMA
- Finkelstein JA, Barton MB, Donahue JG, Algatt-Bergstrom P, Markson LE, Platt R. Comparing asthma care for Medicaid and non-Medicaid children in
an HMO. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2000;154:563-8.
- Reisch LM, Barton MB, Fletcher SW, Kreuter W, Elmore JG. Breast cancer screening use by African Americans and whites in an HMO. J Gen Int Med 2000;15:229-34.
- Bates DW, Tolle SW, Elliot DW. Subspecialty differences in responding to patient death-comparing cardiologists with oncologists. West J Med 1988;148:471-3.
- Bates DW, Reuler JB. Back pain and epidural spinal cord compression. J Gen Intern Med 1988;3:191-7.
- Bates DW, Campbell SC. Shoulder pain as a presentation of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma invading muscle. J Rheumatol 1988;15:141-3.
- Bates DW, Goldman L, Lee TH. Contaminant blood cultures and resource utilization: the true consequences of false positive results. JAMA 1991;265:365-9.
- Bates DW, Goldman L, Lee TH. Prospective validation of a multivariate algorithm for the prediction of bacteremia in hospitalized patients. Ann
Intern Med 1990;113:495-500.
- Bates DW, Lee TH. Rapid classification of positive blood cultures: prospective validation of a multivariate algorithm. JAMA 1992;267:1962-6.
- Bedell SE, Delbanco TL, Cook EF, Epstein FH. Survival after cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the hospital. N Engl J Med 1983;309:569-76.
- Bedell SE, Delbanco TL, Epstein FH. Survivors of CPR: who are they and what happens to them. J Cardiovascular Medicine 1984;9:307-17.
- Bedell SE, Delbanco TL. Choices about cardiopulmonary resuscitation in hospitals: when do physicians talk with patients? N Engl J Med 1984;310:1089-92.
- Bedell SE, Kang, JK. Leucocytosis and left-shift associated with quinidine fever. Am J Med 1984;77:345-6.
- Bedell SE, Cleary P, Delbanco TL. The kindly stress of hospitalization. Am J Med 1984;77:592-6.
- Bedell SE, Aronson MD. Late development of electrocardiographic abnormalities following a stroke. So Med J 1985;78:218-9.
- Bedell SE, Bush BT. The erythrocyte sedimentation rate: from folklore to fact. Am J Med 1985;78:1001-9.
- Bedell SE, Fulton EJ. Unexpected findings and complications at autopsy after cardiopulmonary resuscitation in hospital. Arch Intern Med 1986;146:1725-8.
- Bedell SE, Pelle D, Maher P, Cleary PD. Do not resuscitate orders for critically ill patients in the hospital. JAMA 1986;2526:233-7.
- Bigby J, Giblin J, Pappius EM, Goldman L. Appointment reminders to reduce no-show rates: a stratified analysis of their cost-effectiveness from
the standpoint of the medical care facility. JAMA 1983;250:1742-5.
- Bigby J, Pappius E, Cook EF, Goldman L. Medical consequences of missed appointments. Arch Intern Med 1984;144:1163-6.
- Bigby J, Dunn J, Goldman L, Adams JB, Jen P, Landefeld DS, Komaroff AL. Preventability of emergency hospital admission of patients from
a hospital-based primary care practice. Am J Med 1987;83:1031-6.
- Bitton A*, Rigotti NA*, Reyen M, Wasum K, Raw M. An international survey of training programmes for treating tobacco dependence. Addiction. 2009
- Gaziano TA, Bitton A, Anand S, Abrahams-Gessel S, Murphy A. Growing Epidemic of Coronary Heart Disease in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Curr
Probl Cardiol. 2010 Feb; 35(2):72-115.
- Bates DW, Bitton A. The future of health information technology in the patient-centered medical home. Health Aff (Millwood). 2010 Apr;29(4):614-21.
- Bitton A, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ. Health Risks, Chronic Diseases, and Access to Care Among US Pacific Islanders. J Gen Intern Med. 2010 May;25(5):435-40.
Epub 2010 Feb 9.
- Bitton A, Martin C, Landon BE. A Nationwide Survey of Patient Centered Medical Home Demonstration Projects. J Gen Intern Med. 2010. Jun;25(6):584-92.
- Bitton A and Gaziano T. The Framingham Heart Study's Impact on Global Risk Assessment. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2010. Jul-Aug; 53(1):68-78.
- Bitton A, Raw M, Richards A, McNeill A, Rigotti N. A comparison of four international surveys of tobacco treatment provision: implications for
monitoring the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. Addiction. Epub 2010. Aug 23
- Yamin C, Bitton A, Bates D. E-cigarettes: A rapidly growing internet phenomenon. Annals of Internal Medicine.
- Bor DH, Himmelstein DU. Endocarditis prophylaxis for patients with mitral valve prolapse, a quantitative analysis. Am J Med 1984;76:711-7.
- Makadon JH, Bor DH, Friedland G, Daase P, Komaroff AL, Aronson MD.Febrile inpatients:house officers' use of blood cultures. J Gen Intern Med 1987;2:293-7.
- Bor DH, Makadon HJ, Friedland G, Daase P, Komaroff A, Aronson MD. Fever in hospitalized medical patients: characteristics and significance. J Gen
Intern Med 1988;3:177-82.
- Bowman TS, Sesso HD, Glynn RJ, Gaziano JM. JNC 7 category and risk of cardiovascular death in men: are there differences by age? Am J Geriatr Cardiol.
2005; 14:126-31; quiz 132-3.
- Bowman TS, Sesso HD, Ma J, Kurth T, Kase CS, Stampfer MJ, Gaziano JM. Cholesterol and the risk of ischemic stroke. Stroke 2003;34:2930-4.
- Brennan TA. Untangling causation issues in law and medicine. Ann Intern Med 1987;107:741-7.
- Brennan TA. AIDS as an occupational disease. Ann Intern Med 1987;107:581-3.
- Brennan TA. Assuring access to health care for the sick: the challenge of AIDS as an occupational disease. Duke Law Journal 1988;1:29-70.
- Brennan TA. Ethics committees and decisions to limit care: the experience at the Massachusetts General Hospital. JAMA 1988;260:830-4.
- Brennan TA. Incompetent patients with limited care in the absence of family consent: socioeconomic and clinical parameters. Ann Intern Med 1988;106:819-26.
- Brennan TA. Silent decisions: limits of consent and care for the terminally ill. Law, Medicine and Health Care 1988;16:204-10.
- Brennan TA. Causal chains, statistical links and leaps of faith; some thoughts on the role of scientific uncertainty in hazardous substance litigation.
Cornell Law Review 1988;73:308-55.
- Brennan TA. Just doctoring: medical ethics in the liberal state. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1991.
- Buchwald D, Sullivan JL, Komaroff AL. Frequency of chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection: in a general medical practice. JAMA 1987;256:2303-7.
- Caligiuri M, Murray C, Buchwald D, Levine H, Cheney P, Petersen D, Komaroff AL, Ritz J. Phenotypic and functional deficiency of natural killer
cells in patients with chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection syndrome. J Immunol 1987;139:3306-13.
- Buchwald D, Goldenberg DL, Sullivan JL, Komaroff AL. The chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection syndrome and primary fibromyalgia. Arthritis
- Buchwald D, Komaroff AL, Cook EF, Epstein AM. Indirect costs for medical education. Is there a July phenomenon? Arch Intern Med 1989;149:765-8.
- Buchwald D, Soumarai SB, Vandevanter N, Wessels MR, Avorn J. Effect of hospital-wide change in clindamycin dosing schedule on clinical outcome.
Rev Infect Dis 1989;11:619-24.
- Burstin HR, Lipsitz SR, Brennan TA. Socioeconomic status and risk for substandard medical care. JAMA 1992;268:2383-7.
- Burstin HR, Johnson WG, Lipsitz Sr, Brennan TA. Do the poor sue more? A case-control study of malpractice claims and socioeconomic status. JAMA
- Halliday A, Bush B, Cleary P, Aronson M, Delbanco TL. Alcohol abuse in women seeking gynecologic care. Am J Ob Gyn 1986;68:322-6.
- Bush B, Shaw S, Cleary P, Delbanco TL, Aronson MD. Screening for alcohol abuse using the CAGE questionnaire. Am J Med 1987;82:231-5.
- Cleary PD, Miller M, Bush BT, Warburg MM, Delbanco TL, Aronson MD. The prevalence and management of alcohol abuse in a primary care population.
Am J Med 1988;85;466-71.
- Carlson KJ, Mulley AG. Management of acute dysuria: a decision analysis model of the alternative strategies. Ann Intern Med 1985;102:244-9.
- Mulley, AG, Carlson KJ. Lithotripsy. Health and Public Policy Committee, American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med 1985;103:626-9.
- Carlson KJ, Lee D, Goroll AH, Leahy M, Johnson RA. An analysis of physicians' reasons for prescribing long-term digitalis therapy in outpatients.
J Chron Dis 1985;38:733-9.
- Singer DE, Carr PL, Mulley AG, Thibault GE. Rationing intensive care: response to a resource shortage. N Engl J Med 1983;309:1155-60.
- Carrasquillo O, Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler S, Bor DH. Can Medicaid managed care provide continuity of care to new medicaid enrollees? An analysis
of tenure on Medicaid. Am J Public Health 1998;88:464-6.
- Liu JJ, Daya MR, Carrasquillo O, Kales SN. Prognostic factors in patients with methanol poisoning. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 1998;36:175-81.
- Carrasquillo O, Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler S, Bor DH. Going bare: trends in health insurance coverage, 1989 through 1996. Am J Public Health 1999;89:36-42.
- Carrasquillo O, Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler S, Bor DH. A reappraisal of private employers’ role in providing health insurance. N Engl J Med 1999;340:109-14.
- Carrasquillo O, Orav EJ, Brennan TA, Burstin HR. Impact of language barriers on patient satisfaction in an emergency department. J Gen Intern Med
- Carr PL, Singer DE, Goldenheim P, Bernardo J, Mulley AG. The value of non- invasive testing in the evaluation of asymptomatic bilateral hilar adenopathy.
J Gen Intern Med 1990;5:138-46.
- Celi AC, Rich-Edwards JW, Richardson MK, Kleinman KP, Gillman MW. Immigration, race/ethnicity, and social and economic factors as predictors of
breastfeeding initiation. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159:255-60.
- Chin MH, Cook EF, Lee TH, Goldman L. Correlates of major complications and mortality in patients presenting to the emergency department with chest
pain and more than bibasilar rales. J Gen Intern Med 1994;9:659-65.
- Cintron A, Hamel MB, Davis RB, Burns RB, Phillips RS, McCarthy EP. Hospitalization of hospice patients with cancer. J Palliat Med 2003;6:757-68.
- Singer DE, Coley CM, Samet JH, Nathan DM. Tests of glycemia in diabetes mellitus. Their use in establishing a diagnosis and in treatment. Ann Intern
- Coley CM, LI YH, Medsger AR, Marrie TJ, Fine MJ, Kapoor WN, Lave JR, Detsky AS, Weinstein MC, Singer DE. Preferences for home vs hospital care
among low-risk patients with community-acquired pneumonia. Arch Intern Med 1996;156:1565-71.
- Collins TC, Daley J, Henderson WH, Khuri SF. Risk factors for prolonged length of stay after major elective surgery. Ann Surg 1999;230:251-9.
- Connelly MT, Richardson M, Inui TS, Ferrari N, Dorsey JL. The hormone replacement therapy experience of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care patients: What
we know so far. Practice Forum 1997;2:7-10.
- Connelly MT, Ferrari N, Hagen N, Inui TS. Patient-identified needs for hormone replacement therapy counseling: A qualitative study. Ann Intern
- Connelly MT, Rusinak D, Livingston W, Raeke L, Inui TS. Patient knowledge about hormone replacement therapy: Implications for treatment. Menopause
- Connelly MT, Richardson M, Platt R. Prevalence and duration of postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy use in a managed care organization. J
Gen Intern Med 2000;15:542-50.
- Solomon CG, Connelly MT, Collins K, Okamura K, Seely EW. Provider characteristics: impact on bone density utilization at a health maintenance organization.
- Zinn WM, Sullivan AM, Zotov N, Peters AS, Connelly MT, Singer JD, Block SD. The effect of medical education on primary care orientation: A national
survey of student and resident perspectives. Acad Med 2001;76:355-65.
- Conroy MB, Delichatsios HK, Hafler JP, Rigotti NA. Impact of a preventive medicine and nutrition curriculum for medical students. Am J Prev Med.
- Conroy MB, Majchrzak N, Regan S, Schneider LI, Rigotti, NA. The association between patient reported receipt of tobacco intervention at
a primary care visit and smokers’ satisfaction with their health care. Nicotine & Tobacco Research. 2005; S29-34.
- Conroy MB, Majchrzak N, Silverman CB, Chang Y, Regan S, Schneider LI, Rigotti, NA Measuring provider adherence to tobacco treatment guidelines:
a comparison of electronic medical record review, patient survey and provider survey. Nicotine & Tobacco Research. 2005; S35-43.
- Conroy MB, Cook NR, Manson JE, Buring JE, Lee IM. Impact of past physical activity on current physical activity and risk of coronary heart disease.
Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise. 2005; 37:1251-1256.
- Covinsky KE, Landefeld CS, Teno J, Connors AF, Jr., Dawson N, Youngner S, Desbiens N, Lynn J, Fulkerson W, Reding D, Oye R, Phillips RS. Is economic
hardship on the families of the seriously ill associated with patient and surrogate care preferences? Arch Intern Med 1996;156:1737-41.
- Covinsky KE, Bates CK, Davis RB, Delbanco TL. Physicians’ attitudes toward using patient reports to assess quality of care. Acad Med 1996;71:1353-6.
- Covinsky KE, Goldman L, Cook EF, Oye R, Desbiens N, Reding D, Fulkerson W, Connors AF, Lynn J, Phillips RS. The impact of serious illness on patients
families. JAMA 1994; 272:1839-44.
- Crenner CW, Introduction of the blood pressure cuff into US medical practice: Technology and skilled practice Ann Intern Med 1998;128:488-93.
- Chen AY, Daley J, Thibault GE. Angina patients' ratings of current health and health without angina: associations with severity of angina and comorbidity.
Med Dec Making 1996;16:169-77.
- Day SC, Cook EF, Funkenstein H, Goldman L.Evaluation & outcome of emergency room patients with transient loss of consciousness. Am J Med 1982;73:15-23.
- Day SC, Cook EF, Nesson HR, Wolf MA, Goldman L. A learning curve approach to the self-assessment of internal medicine training. J Med Educ 1984;59:672-5.
- Dedier J, Penson R, Williams W, Lynch T Jr. Race, ethnicity, and the patient-caregiver relationship. Oncologist 1999;4:325-31.
- Delichatsios HK, Friedman RH, Glanz K, Tennstedt S, Smigelski C, Pinto BM, Kelley H, Gillman MW. Randomized trial of a "talking computer"
to improve adults' eating habits. Am J Health Promot 2001;15:215-24.
- Delichatsios HK, Hunt MK, Lobb R, Emmons K, Gillman MW. Eatsmart: efficacy of a multifaceted preventive nutrition intervention in clinical practice.
Prev Med 2001;33:91-8.
- Hunt MK, Lobb R, Delichatsios HK, Stone C, Emmons K, Gillman MW. Process evaluation of a clinical preventive nutrition intervention. Prev Med 2001;33:82-90.
- Woolhandler S, Himmelstein DU, Distajo R, Lasser KE, McCormick D, Bor DH, Wolfe SM. America’s neglected veterans: 1.7 million who served have no
health coverage. Int J Health Serv. 2005; 35:313-23.
- Eagle KA, Black HR, Cheeks EF, Goldman L. Prospective evaluation of prognostic classifications for patients with syncope. Am J Med 1985;79:455-560.
- Eagle KA, Quertermous T, Kritzer G, et al. Spectrum of conditions initially suggesting acute aortic dissection but with negative aortograms. Am
J Cardiol 1986;57:322-6.
- Eagle KA, Mulley AG, Singer DE, et al. Single chamber and dual chamber cardiac pacemakers: a formal cost comparison. Ann Intern Med 1986;105:264-71.
- Eagle KA, Singer DE, Brewster DC, et al. Dipyridamole-thallium scanning in patients undergoing vascular surgery. JAMA 1987;237:2185-9.
- Eagle KA, Quatermous T, Singer DE, Mulley AG et al. A comparison of physician estimates of left ventricular ejection fraction with that measured
by gated blood pool scan. Arch Intern Med 1988;148:882-5.
- Eamranond PP, Patel KV, Legedza AT, Marcantonio ER, Leveille SG. The association of language with prevalence of undiagnosed hypertension among
older Mexican Americans. Ethn Dis 2007;17:699-706.
- Eamranond PP, Legedza AT, Diez-Roux AV, Kandula NR, Palmas W, Siscovick DS, Mukamal KJ. Association between language and risk factor levels among
Hispanic adults with hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and diabetes. Am Heart J. 2009 Jan;157(1):53-9.
- Eamranond PP, Wee CC, Legedza AT, Marcantonio ER, Leveille SG. Acculturation and cardiovascular risk factor control among Hispanic adults in the
United States, 1999-2004. Public Health Rep. 2009;124(6):818-24.
- Eamranond PP, Davis R, Phillips R, Wee CC. Patient-physician language concordance and lifestyle counseling among Spanish-speaking Hispanic patients.
J Immigrant Minority Health. 2009;11(6):494-8.
- Emanuel EJ, Emanuel LL. Is our AIDS policy ethical? Am J Med 1987;3:519-20.
- Epstein AM, Begg CB, McNeil BJ. The effects of group size on test ordering for hypertensive patients. N Engl J Med 1983;309:464-8.
- Avorn, JA, Everitt DE, Weiss S. Increased antidepressant use in patients prescribed beta-blockers. J Amer Med Assoc. 1986;255:357-60.
- Everitt DE. Cost containment and the elderly: making financial incentives more explicit? J Geriatric Psychiatry 1985;18:155-76.
- O'Malley T, Everitt DE, O'Malley H, Campion E. Identifying and preventing family-mediated abuse and neglect of elderly persons. Ann Intern Med
- O'Malley TA, O'Malley HC, Everitt DE, Sarson D. Categories of family-mediated abuse and neglect of elderly persons. J Am Ger Soc 1984;32:362-9.
- Fairchild DG, Hickey ML, Cook EF, McCarthy RM, Rossi LP, Timmons SC, Mangione CM, Lee TH. Development and prospective validation of a prediciton
rule for the use of post discharge medcial services among medical patients. J Gen Intern Med 1998;13:98-105.
- Fairfield KM, Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Libman H, Phillips RS. Pattern of use, expenditures, and perceived efficacy of complementary and alternative
therapies for HIV-infected patients. Arch Intern Med 1998;158:2257-64.
- Fairfield KM, Libman H, Davis RB, Eisenberg DM, Phillips RS. Delays in protease inhibitor use in clinical practice. J Gen Intern Med 1999;14:395-401.
- Fairfield KM, Libman H, Davis RB, Eisenberg DM, Beckett A, Phillips RS. Brief communication: detecting depression: providing high quality primary
care for HIV- infected patients. Am J Med Qual 2001;16:71-4.
- Fang MC, Singer DE, Chang Y, Hylek EM, Henault LE, Jensvold NG, Go AS. Gender differences in the risk of ischemic stroke and peripheral embolism
in atrial fibrillation. The anticoagulation and risk factors in atrial fibrillation (ATRIA) Study. Circulation. 2005; (epub ahead of print)
- Fang MC, Minichiello T, Auerbach AD. Cost considerations surrounding current and future anticoagulant therapies. Cleve Clin J med. 2005; 72 Suppl
- Fang MC, Stafford RS, Ruskin JN, Singer DE. National trends in antiarrhythmic and antithrombotic medication use in atrial fibilliation. Arch Intern
- Fang MC, Singer DE. Anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation. Cardiol Clin 2004;22:47-62.
- Fang MC, McCarthy EP, Singer DE. Are patients more likely to see physicians of the same sex? Recent national trends in primary care medicine. Am
J Med 2004;117:575-81.
- Fang MC, Chang Y, Hylek EM, Rosand J, Greenberg SM, Go AS, Singer DE. Advanced age, anticoagulation intensity, and risk for intracranial hemorrhage
among patients taking warfarin for atrial fibrillation. Ann Intern Med 2004;141:745-52.
- Farwell WR, Stump TE, Wang J, Tafesse E, L’Italien G, Tierney WM. Weight gain and new onset diabetes associated with olanzapine and risperidone.
J Gen Intern Med 2004;19:1200-5.
- Federman AD, Cook EF, Phillips RS, Puopolo AL, Haas JS, Brennan TA, Burstin HR. Intention to discontinue care among primary care patients: influence
of physician behavior and process of care. J Gen Intern Med 2001; 16:668-74.
- Federman AD, Adams AS, Ross-Degnan D, Soumerai SB, Ayanian JZ. Supplemental insurance and use of effective cardiovascular drugs among elderly Medicare
beneficiaries with coronary heart disease. JAMA 2001;286:1732-9.
- Ferris TG, Saglam D, Stafford RS, Causino N, Starfield B, Culpepper L, Blumenthal D. Changes in the daily practice of primary care for children.
Arch Ped Adoles Med 1998;152:227-33.
- Ferris TG, Dougherty D, Blumenthal D, Perrin JM. A report card on quality improvement for children's health care. Pediatrics 2001;107:143-55.
- Kemper KJ, Cassileth B, Ferris T. Holistic pediatrics: a research agenda. Pediatrics 1999;103:902-9.
- Herbert PR, Fiebach NH, Eberlein KA, Taylor JD, Hennekins CH. The community-based randomized trials of pharmacologic treatment of mild-to-moderate
hypertension. Am J Epidemiol 1988; 127:581-90.
- Fiebach NH, Hebert PR, Stampfer MJ, Colditz GA, Willett WC, Rosner B, Speizer FE, Hennekens CH. A prospective study of high blood pressure and
cardiovascular disease in women. Am J Epidemiol 1989;130:646-54.
- Collins R, Peto R, MacMahon S, Hebert P, Fiebach NH, Eberlein KA, Godwin J, Qizilbash N, Taylor JO, Hennekens CH.Blood pressure, stroke, and coronary
heart disease.Part 2, Short-term reductions in blood pressure: overview of randomized drug trials in their epidemiological context. Lancet 1990;335:827-38.
- Fiebach N, Cook EF, Lee TH, Brand DA, Rouan GW, Weisberg MC, Goldman L. Outcomes in patients with myocardial infarction who are initially admitted
to stepdown units: data from the Multicenter Chest Pain Study. Am J Med 1990;89:15-20.
- Fang GD, Fine MJ, Orloff JJ, A Risumi D, Yu VL, Kapoor WN, Grayston T, Wang SP, Kohler R, Muder R, Yee YC, Rihs JD, Vickers RM. New and emerging
etiologies for community-acquired pneumonia with implications for therapy: a prospective study of 359 cases. Medicine 1990;69:307-16.
- Fine MJ, Orloff JJ, Rihs JD, Vickers RM, Kominos S, Kapoor WN, Arena V, Yu VL. Evaluation of housestaff physicians’ preparation and interpretation
of sputum gram stains for community-acquired pneumonia. J Gen Intern Med 1991;6:189-98.
- Fine MJ, Orloff JJ, Arisumi D, Fang G, Arena VC, Hanusa BH, Yu VL, Singer DE, Kapoor WN. Prognosis of patients hospitalized with community-acquired
pneumonia: a prospective derivation and validation of a mortality risk index. Am J Med 1990;88:1n-8n.
- Fine MJ, Smith DN, Singer DE. The hospitalization decision in patients with community-acquired pneumonia: A prospective cohort study. Am J Med
- Fine MJ, Singer DE, Phelps AL, Hanusa BH, Kapoor WN. Differences in length of hospital stay in patients with community-acquired pneumonia: A prospective
four hospital study. Med Care 1993;31:371-80.
- Fine MJ, Hanusa BH, Lave JR, Singer DE, Stone RA, Weissfeld LA, Coley CM, Marrie TJ, Kapoor WN. Comparison of a disease-specific and a generic
severity of illness measure for patients with community-acquired pneumonia. J Gen Intern Med 1995;10:359-68.
- Fine MJ, Singer DE, Phelps AL, Hanusa BH, Kapoor WN. Differences in length of hospital stay in patients with community-acquired pneumonia: a prospective
four-hospital study. Med Care 1993;31:371-80.
- Novack DH, Detering B, Arnold RM, Forrow L, Lakinsky M. Physicians' use of deception in medical practice. JAMA 1989;261:2980-5.
- Forrow L, Arnold RM. Ethics and preparations for nuclear attack. Med Humanities Review 1989;3:90-4.
- Forrow L, Warfman SA, Broch DW. Science, ethics and the making of clinical decisions. Implications for risk factor intervention. JAMA 1988;259:3161-7.
- Foster DF, Phillips RS, Hamel MB, Eisenberg DM. Alternative medicine use in older Americans. J Am Geriatr Soc 2000;48:1560-5.
- Kessler RC, Soukup J, Davis RB, Foster DF, Wilkey SA, Van Rompay MI, Eisenberg DM. The use of complementary and alternative therapies to treat
anxiety and depression in the United States. Am J Psychiatry 2001;158:289-94.
- Kessler RC, Davis RB, Foster DF, Van Rompay MI, Walters EE, Wilkey SA, Kaptchuk TJ, Eisenberg DM. Long-term trends in the use of complementary
and alternative medical therapies in the United States. Ann Intern Med 2001;135:262-8.
- Frankl S, Breeling J, Goldman L. Preventability of emergent hospital readmission. Am J Med 1991;90:18-26.
- Freedberg KA, Tosteson ANA, Cotton DJ, Goldman L. Optimal management strategies in patients at risk for AIDS who present with cough or dyspnea:
A cost-effectiveness analysis. J Gen Intern Med 1991;7:261-72.
- Freedberg KA, Tosteson ANA, Cohen CJ, Cotton DJ. Primary prophylaxis for Pneumocystis cariniipneumonia in HIV-infected persons with CD4
counts below 200/mm3: a cost-effectiveness analysis. J Acquir Immune Def Syn 1992;53:221-6.
- Fremont AM, Cleary PD, Hargraves JL, Rowe RM, Jacobson NB, Ayanian JZ. Patient-centered processes of care and long-term outcomes of myocardial
infarction. J Gen Intern Med 2001;16:800-8.
- Friedberg MW, Coltin KL, Pearson SD, Kleinman KP, Zheng J, Singer JA, Schneider EC. Does affiliation of physician groups with one another produce
higher quality primary care? J Gen Intern Med 2007;22:1385-92.
- Friedberg MW, Coltin KL, Safran DG, Dresser M, Schneider EC. Medical home capabilities of primary care practices that serve sociodemographically
vulnerable neighborhoods. Arch Intern Med. 2010 Jun 14;170(11):938-44.
- Friedberg MW, Coltin KL, Safran DG, Dresser M, Zaslavsky AM, Schneider EC. Associations between structural capabilities of primary care practices
and performance on selected quality measures. Ann Intern Med. 2009 Oct 6;151(7):456-63.
- Friedberg MW, Hussey PS, Schneider EC, Primary care: a critical review of the evidence on quality and costs of health care. Health Aff (Millwood).
2011; 29(5): 766-72.
- Friedberg MW, Lai DJ, Hussey PS, Schneider EC. A guide to the medical home as a practice-level intervention. Am J Manag Care. 2009 Dec;15(10 Suppl):S291-9.
- Friedberg MW, Mehrota A. Linder JA, Reporting hospitals’ antibiotic timing in pneumonia: adverse consequences for patients? Am J Manag Care. 2009
Feb; 15(2): 137-44
- Friedberg MW, Safran DG, Coltin K, Dresser M, Schneider EC. Paying for performance in primary care: potential impact on practices and disparities.
Health Aff (Millwood). 2010;29(5):926-32.
- Friedberg MW, Safran DG, Coltin KL, Dresser M, Schneider EC. Readiness for the Patient-Centered Medical Home: structural capabilities of Massachusetts
primary care practices. J Gen Intern Med. 2009 Feb;24(2):162-9
- Friedman LS, Weinrauch L, D'Elia J. Malignant neuroleptic syndrome induced by metoclopramide. Arch Intern Med 1987;147:1495-7.
- Friedman LS, Roberts MS, Brett AS, Marton KI. Asymptomatic gallstones in the diabetic patient-A decision analysis. Ann Intern Med 1988;109:913-9.
- O'Donnell CR, Friedman LS, Russomanno JH, Rose RM. Diminished perception of added inspiratory-resistive loads in insulin-dependent diabetics. N
Eng J Med 1988;319:1369-73.
- Freeman R, Roberts MS, Friedman LS, Broadbridge C. Autonomic function and human immunodeficiency virus infection. Neurology 1990;40:575-80.
- Friedman LS, Johnson B, Brett AS. Evaluation of substance abusing adolescents by primary care physicians. J Adolescent Health Care 1990;11:227-30.
- Friedman PD, Brett AS, Mayo-Smith MF. Differences in generalists’ and cardiologists’ perceptions of cardiovascular risk and the outcomes of preventive
therapy in cardiovascular disease. Ann Intern Med 1996;124:414-21.
- Friedman PD, Samore MH, Kraemer KL, Calkins DR. Clinical correlates of secondary meningitis in HIV-infected adults. Arch Intern Med 1995;155:2231-7.
- Sittig DF, Gandhi TK, Franklin M, Turetsky M, Sussman AJ, Fairchild DG, Bates DW, Komaroff AL, Teich JM. A computer-based outpatient clinical referral
system. Int J Med Inf 1999;55:149-58.
- Gandhi TK, Puopolo AL, Dasse P, Haas JS, Burstin HR, Cook EF, Brennan TA. Obstacles to collaborative quality improvement: the case of ambulatory
general medical care. Int J Qual Health Care 2000;12:115-23.
- Gandhi TK, Burstin HR, Cook EF, Puopolo AL, Haas JS, Brennan TA, Bates DW. Drug complications in outpatients. J Gen Intern Med 2000;15:149-54.
- Leape LL, Kabcenell AI, Gandhi TK, Carver P, Nolatn TW, Berwick DM. Reducing adverse drug events: lessons from a breakthrough series collaborative.
Jt Comm J Qual Improv 2000;26:321-31.
- Gandhi TK, Seger DL, Bates DW. Identifying drug safety issues: from research to practice. Int J Qual Health Care 2000;12:69-76.
- Gandhi TK, Sittig DF, Franklin M, Sussman AJ, Fairchild DG, Bates DW. Communication breakdown in the outpatient referral process. J Gen Intern
- Gandi TK, Francis EC, Puopolo AL, Burstin HR, Haas JS, Brennan TA. Inconsistent report cards: assessing the comparability of various measures of
the quality of ambulatory care. Med Care 2002;40:155-65.
- Forster AJ, Murff HJ, Peterson JF, Gandhi TK, Bates DW. The incidence and severity of adverse events affecting patients after discharge from the
hospital. Ann Intern Med 2003;138:161-7.
- Gellad WF, Choudhry NK, Friedberg MW, Brookhart MA, Haas JS, Shrank WH., Variation in drug prices at pharmacies: are prices higher in poorer areas?
Health Serv Res. 2009 Apr;44(2 Pt 1):606-17.
- Gellad WF, Haas JS, Safran DG. Race/ethnicity and nonadherence to prescription medications among seniors: results of a national study. J Gen Intern
Med. 2007 Nov;22(11):1572-8.
- Gellad WF, Huskamp HA, Phillips KA, Haas JS. Angiotensin receptor blockers on the formularies of Medicare drug plans. J Gen Intern Med. 2007 Aug;22(8):1172-5.
- Gellad WF, Huskamp HA, Phillips KA, Haas JS. How the new Medicare drug benefit could affect vulnerable populations. Health Aff 2006;25:248-55
- Gellad WF, Schneeweiss S, Brawarsky P, Lipsitz S, Haas JS. What if the federal government negotiated pharmaceutical prices for seniors? An estimate
of national savings. J Gen Intern Med. 2008 Sep;23(9):1435-40
- Gillman MW, Rosner B, Evans DA, Keough Me, Taylor JO, Smith LA, Hennekens CH. Blood pressures at multiple visits increase tracking correlations
in childhood. Pediatrics 1991;87;708-11.
- Gillman MW, Lannon CM. Screening for hypercholesterolemia in children: The missing links. Ann Epidemiol 1991;1:559-65.
- Gillman MW, Cook NR, Rosner B, Smith LA, Evans DA, Keough ME, Taylor JO, Hennekens CH. Childhood blood pressure tracking correlations corrected
for within-person variability. Stat Med 1992;11:1187-94.
- Gillman MW, Cook NR, Rosner B, Evans DA, Keough ME, Taylor JO, Hennekens CH. Assessing the validity of childhood blood pressure screening: maximal
estimates of sensitivity, specificity, and predictive values. Epidemiol 1992;3:40-6.
- Gillman MW, Cook NR, Rosnter B, Evans DA, Keough ME, Taylor JO, Hennekens CH. Identifying children at high risk for the development of essential
hypertension. J Pediatr 1993;122:837-46.
- Gillman MW, Cook NR, Rosner B, Evans DA, Hennekens CH. Relationship of alcohol with blood pressure in young adults. Hypertension 1995;25:1106-10.
- Gillman MW, Cook NR. Blood pressure measurement in childhood epidemiologic studies. Circulation 1995;92:1049-57.
- Cook NR, Gillman MW, Rosner BA, Taylor JO, Hennekens CH. Prediction of young adult blood pressure from childhood blood pressure, height and weight.
J Clin Epidemiol 1997;50:571-9.
- Cooke NR, Gillman MW, Rostner BA, Taylor JO, Hennkens CH. Combining annual blood pressure measurements in childhood to improve prediction of young
adult blood pressure. Stat Med 2000;19:2625-40.
- Goel MS, Wee CC, McCarthy EP, Davis RB, Ngo-Metzger Q, Phillips RS. Racial and ethnic disparities in cancer screening: The importance of foreign-birth
as a barrier to care. J Gen Intern Med 2003; 18:1028-35.
- Goel MS, McCarthy EP, Phillips RS, Wee CC. Obesity among US immigrant subgroups by duration of residence. JAMA 2004;292:2860-7.
- Goel MS, Burns RB, Phillips RS, Davis RB, Ngo-Metzger Q, McCarthy EP. Trends in breast conserving surgery among Asian American and Pacific Islanders,
1992-2000. JGIM 2005 (in press).
- Goel MS, McCarthy EP, Phillips RS, Wee CC. Immigration, obesity, and clinical counseling about diet and exercise. JAMA 2005 (in press).
- Goldhamer ME, Cohen AP, Bates DW, Cook EF, Davis RB, Singer DE, Simon SR. Protecting an endangered species: training physicians to conduct clinical
research. Acad Med. 2009 Apr;84(4):439-4
- Grant RW, Cagliero E, Murphy-Sheehy P, Singer DE, Nathan DM, Meigs JB. Comparison of Hyperglycemia, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia management
in patients with type 2 diabetes. Am J Med 2002; 112:603-609.
- Grant RW, Meigs JB. The Use of Computers in Population-Based Diabetes Management. J Clin Outcomes Manage 2002;9:390-6.
- Grant RW, Devita NG, Singer DE, Meigs JB. Polypharmacy and medication adherence in patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2003;26:1408-12.
- Grant RW, Devita NG, Singer DE, Meigs JB. Improving Adherence and Reducing Medication Discrepancies in Patients with Diabetes. Ann Pharmacother
- Grant RW, Hamrick HE, Sullivan CM, Cagliero E, Meigs JB. Impact of Population Management with Direct Physician Feedback on Care of Patients with
Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2003;26:2275-80.
- Grant RW, Pirraglia PA, Meigs JB, Singer DE. Trends in complexity of care from 1991 to 2000 for patients with diabetes. Arch Intern Med
- Grant RW, Cagliero E, Dubey A, Murphy-Sheehy P, Gildesgame C, Chueh H, Barry MJ, Singer DE, Nathan DM, Meigs JB. Clinical inertia in the management
of Type 2 diabetes metabolic risk factors. Diabet Med 2004;21:150-5.
- Morrill JA, Shrestha M, Grant RW. Barriers to the treatment of hepatitis C. Patient, provider and system factors. J Gen Intern Med. 2005; (8):754-8.
- Grant RW, Singer DE, Meigs JB. Medication adherence before an increase in antihypertensive therapy: a cohort sturdy using pharmacy claims data.
Clin Ther. 2005; (6) 773-81.
- Grant RW, Cagliero E, Chueh HC, Meigs JB. Internet use among primary care patients with type 2 diabetes: the generation and education gap. J Gen
Intern med. 2005; (5):470-3.
- Wexler, DJ, Grant RW, Meigs JB, Nathan DM, Cagliero E. Sex disparaties in treatment of cardiac risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes
Care. 2005; (3):514-20.
- Grant RW, Buse JB, Meigs JB, University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC) Diabetes Benchmarking Project Team. Quality of diabetes care in U.S. academic
medical centers: low rates of medical regimen change. Diabetes Care. 2005; (2):337-442.
- Grant RW, O’Leary KM, Weilburg JB, Singer DE, Meigs JB. Impact of concurrent medication use on statin adherence and refill persistence. Arch Intern
med. 2004; (21):2348-8.
- Grant RW, Cagliero E, Sullivan CM, Dubey AK, Estey GA, Weil EM, Gesmundo J, Nathan DM, Singer DE, Chueh HC, Meigs JB. A controlled trial of population
management: diabetes mellitus: putting evidence into practice (DM-PEP). Diabetes Care. 2004; (10): 2299-305.
- Grant RW, Meigs JB. Should the insulin resistance syndrome be treated in the elderly? Drugs Aging. 2004; (3):141-51. Review.
- Greendale GA, Hass ST, Holbrook K, Walsh B, Schacter J, Phillips RS. The relationship of antibody to Chlamydia trachomatisand male infertility.
Am J Public Health 1993;83:996-1001.
- Greendale GA, Carlson KJ, Schiff I. Estrogen and progestin therapy to prevent osteoporosis: Attitudes and practices of general internists and gynecologists.
J Gen Intern Med 1990;5:464-9.
- Grossman E, Legedza AT, Wee CC. Primary care for low-income populations: comparing health-care delivery systems. J Poor Underserved 2008.
- Grover SA, Komaroff AL, Weisberg M, Cook EF, Goldman L. The hospital course of patients admitted for presumed acute pyelonephritis. J Gen Intern
- Grover SA, Cook EF, Goldman L. The impact of Medicare on early cancer detection in the elderly. Am J Public Health 1988;78:58-60.
- Grover SA, Cook EF, Adam J, Coupal L, Goldman L. Delayed diagnosis of gynecologic tumors in elderly women: relation to national medical practice
patterns. Am J Med 1989;86:151-6.
- Haas JS, Bolan G, Larsen SA, Clement MJ, Moss AR. Sensitivity of treponemal tests for prior treated syphilis during HIV infection. J Infect Dis
- Haas JS, Udvarhelyi IS, Morris CN, Epstein AM. The effect of providing health coverage to poor uninsured pregnant women in Massachusetts. JAMA
- Haas JS, Udvarhelyi IS, Epstein AM. The effect of providing health coverage to poor uninsured pregnant women on maternal health status and the
use of cesarean section. JAMA 1993;270:61-4.
- Haas JS, Weissman JS, Cleary PD, et al. The discussion of preferences for life-sustaining care by persons with AIDS: predictors of failure in doctor-patient
communication. Arch Intern Med 1993;153:1241-8.
- Haas JS, Clear PD, Guadagnoli E, et al. The impact of socioeconomic status on the intensity of ambulatory treatment and health outcomes after hospital
discharge for adults with asthma. J Gen Intern Med 1994;9:121-6.
- Haas JS, Brandenburg JA, Udvarhelyi IS, Epstein AM. Creating a comprehensive database to evaluate expanded Medicaid coverage to low income pregnant
women: the completeness and validity of a computerized linkage algorigth. Med Care 1994; 32:1053-1057.
- Haidet P, Hamel MB, Davis RB, Wenger N, Reding D, Kussin PS, Connors AF Jr, Lynn J Weeks JC, Phillips RS. Outcomes, preferences for resuscitation,
and physician-patient communication among patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. SUPPORT Investigators. Study to Understand Prognoses and Preferences
for Outcomes and Risks of Treatments. Am J Med 1998;105:222-9.
- Halm EA, Fine MJ, Marrie TJ, Coley CM, Kapoor WN, Obrosky DS, Singer DE. Time to clinical stability in patients hospitalized with community-acquired
pneumonia: implications for practice guidelines. JAMA 1998;279:1452-7.
- Halm EA, Causino N, Blumenthal D. Is gatekeeping better than traditional care? A survey of physicians’ attitudes. JAMA 1997;278:1677-81.
- Hamel MB, Phillips RS, Teno JM, Lynn J, Galanos AN, Davis RB, Connors AF, Jr., Oye RK, Desbiens N, Reding DJ, Goldman L. Seriously ill hospitalized
adults: do we spend less on older patients? J Am Geriatr Soc 1996;44:1043-8.
- Hamel ME, Goldman L, Teno J, Lynn J, Davis RB, Harrell FE, Jr., Connors AF, Jr., Califf R, Kussin P, Bellamy P, Vidaillet H, Phillips RS. Identification
of comatose patients at high risk for death or severe disability. JAMA 1995;273:1842-8.
- Harpole LH, Orave EJ, Hickey M, Posther KE, Brennan TA. Patient satisfaction in the ambulatory setting: influence of method of data collection
and sociodemographic factors. J Gen Intern Med 1996;11:431-4.
- Harpole LH, Khorasani R, Fiskio J, Kuperman GJ, Bates DW. Automated evidence-based critiquing of orders for abdominal radiographs: Impact on utilization
and appropriateness. J Am Med Inform Assoc 1997;4:511-21.
- Harris T, Cook EF, Kannel W, Schatzkin A, Goldman L. Blood pressure experience and risk of cardiovascular disease in the elderly. Hypertension
- Harris T, Cook EF, Kannel WB, Goldman L. Proportional hazards analysis of risk factors for coronary heart disease in individuals aged 65 and older:
the Framingham Heart Study. J Am Geriatr Soc 1988;36:1023-8.
- Harris T, Cook EF, Garrison R, Higgins M, Kannel W, Goldman L. Body mass index and mortality in nonsmoking men and women age 65. The Framingham
Heart Study. JAMA. 1988;259:1520-4.
- Hasan O, Meltzer DO, Shaykevich SA, Bell CM, Kaboli PJ, Auerbach AD, Wetterneck TB, Arora VM, Zhang J, Schnipper JL. Hospital readmission in general
medicine patients: a prediction model. J Gen Intern Med. 2010;25(3):211-9.
- Hasan O, Orav EJ, Hicks LS. Insurance status and hospital care for myocardial infarction, stroke, and pneumonia. J Hosp Med. 2010;5(8):452-9.
- Herring SJ, Platek DN, Elliott P, Riley LE, Stuebe AM, Oken E. Addressing obesity in pregnancy: what do obstetric providers recommend? J Womens
Health (Larchmt). 2010 Jan;19(1):65-70
- Herring SJ, Oken E, Rifas-Shiman SL, Rich-Edwards JW, Stuebe AM, Kleinman KP, Gillman MW. Weight gain in pregnancy and risk of maternal hyperglycemia.
Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201(1):61.e1-7
- Herring SJ, Oken E, Haines J, Rich-Edwards JW, Rifas-Shiman SL, Kleinman ScD KP, Gillman MW. Misperceived pre-pregnancy body weight status predicts
excessive gestational weight gain: findings from a US cohort study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2008; 22;8:54. 7.
- Herring SJ, Rich-Edwards JW, Oken E, Rifas-Shiman SL, Kleinman KP, Gillman MW. Association of postpartum depression with weight retention one year
after childbirth. Obesity 2008; 2008;16(6):1296-301.
- Herzig SJ, Howell MD, Ngo LH, Marcantonio ER. Acid-suppressive medication use and the risk for hospital-acquired pneumonia. JAMA 2009;301(20):2120-2128.
- Herzig SJ, Vaughn BP, Howell MD, Ngo LH, Marcantonio ER. Acid-suppressive medication use and the risk for nosocomial gastrointestinal bleeding.
Archives of Internal Medicine. Accepted.
- Hicks LS, Fairchild DG, Cook EF, Ayanian JZ. Association of region of residence and immigrant status with hypertension, renal failure, cardiovascular
disease, and stroke, among African-American participants in the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III). Ethn Dis 2003;13:316-23.
- Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler S. Medicine as industry: the health-care sector in the United States. Monthly Review 1984;11:13-25.
- Woolhandler S, Himmelstein DU. Terms of endowment: prospective hospital reimbursement in Massachusetts. Health Policy Advisory Center Bulletin
- Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler S, Lang S. the Yugolsav health system: public ownership and local control. J Pub Health Pol 1984;5:423-31.
- Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler S. The pitfalls of private medicine. Lancet 1984;2:391-4.
- Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler S. Free care, cholestyramine, and health policy. N Engl J Med 1984;311:1511-4.
- Hofmann JC, Wenger NS, Davis RB, Teno J, Connors AF, Jr., Desbiens N, Lynn J, Phillips RS. Patient preferences for communication with physicians
about end-of-life decisions. Ann Intern Med 1997;127:1-12.
- Holmes MD, Zysow B, Delbanco TL. Obesity: an analytic review of current therapies. J Family Practice 1989;28:610-6.
- Rosenberg MJ, Phillips RS, Holmes MD. Vaginal douching: who and why? J Repro Med 1991;36:753-8.
- Holmes MD, Safyer SM, Bickell NA, Vermund SM, Hanff P, Braslow C, Phillips RS. Chlamydial cervical infection in jailed women. Am J Public Health
- Hicks LS, Fairchild DG, Horng MS, Orav EJ, Bates DW, Ayanian JZ. Determinants of JNC VI guideline adherence, intensity of drug therapy, and blood
pressure control by race and ethnicity. Hypertension. 2004;44:429-34. Epub 2004 Aug 23.
- Hong CS et al. The Relationship Between Patient Panel Characteristics and Primary Care Physician Clinical Performance Rnakings. JAMA, 2010: 304(10):
- Hong CS, Wang EA. Transitions Clinic: Creating a Community-Based Model of Healthcare for Recently-released California Prisoners. Public Health
Rep. 2010 Mar-Apr; 125(2): 171-7
- Huang ES, Stafford RS. National patterns in the treatment of urinary tract infections in women by ambulatory care physicians. Arch Intern
- Huang ES, Meigs JB, Singer DE. The effect of interventions to prevent cardiovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Am J Med
- Katz JN, Amick BC 3rd, Hupert N, Cortes MC, Fossel AH, Robertson M, Coley CM. Assessment of upper extremity role functioning in students.
Am J Ind Med 2002;41:19-26.
- Hylek EM, Singer DE. Risk factors for intracranial hemorrhage in outpatients taking warfarin. Ann Intern Med 1994;120:897-902.
- Hylek EM, Skates SJ, Sheehan MA, Singer DE. An analysis of the lowest effective intensity of prophylactic anticoagulation for patients with nonrheumatic
atrial fibrillation. N Engl J Med 1996;335:540-6.
- Jackson VA, Palepu A, Szalacha L, Caswell C, Carr PL, Inui T. "Having the right chemistry": a qualitative study of mentoring in academic medicine.
Acad Med 2003;78:328-34.
- Jennison K. A comparison of psychiatric service utilization in a single group practice under multiple insurance systems. Advances in Health Economics
and Health Services Research 1987;8:175-94.
- Jha AK, Fisher ES, Li Z, Orav EJ, Epstein AM. Racial trends in the use of major procedures among the elderly. N Engl J Med. 2005; 353:683-91.
- Jha AK, Perlin JB, Steinman MA, Peabody JW, Ayanian JZ. Quality of ambulatory care for women and men in the Veterans Affairs Health Care System.
J Gen Intern Med. 2005; 20:762-5.
- Jha AK, Li Z, Orav EJ, Epstein AM. Care in the US hospitals -- the Hospital Quality Alliance program. N Engl J Med. 2005; 353:265-74.
- Jha AK, Schneider EC. From motives to results: improving the effectiveness of quality improvement. Am J Med. 2004; 117:359-61.
- Jha AK, Varosy PD, Kanaya AM, Hunninhake DB, Hlatky MA, Waters DB, Furberg CD, Shlipak MG. Differences in medical care and disease outcomes among
black and white women with heart disease. Circulation. 2003;108:1089-1094.
- Jha AK, Perlin JB, Kizer KW, Dudley RA. Effect of the transformation of the Veterans Affairs Health Care System on the quality of care.. N Engl
J Med. 2003;348:2218-2227.
- Jha AK, Collard HR, Tierney LM. Clinical problem solving: diagnosis still in question. N Engl J Med. 2002;346:1813-1816.
- Kalish RL, Daley J, Duncan CC, Davis RB, Coffman GA, Iezzoni LI. Costs of complications of care for major surgery patients. Am J Medical Quality
- Karson AS, Bates DW. Screening for adverse events. J Eval Clin Pract 1999;5:23-32.
- Kuperman GJ, Fiskio JM, Karson A. A process to maintain the quality of a computerized knowledge base. Proc AMIA Symp 1999:87-91.
- Abookire SA, Karson AS, Fiskio J, Bates DW. Use and monitoring of "statin" lipid-lowering drugs compared with guidelines. Arch Intern
- Keating NL, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ. Physicians’ experiences and beliefs regarding informal consultation. JAMA 1998;280:900-4.
- Keating NL, Cleary PD, Rossi AS, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ. Use of hormone replacement therapy by postmenopausal women in the United States. Ann
Intern Med 1999;130:545-53
- Keating NL, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ. Physicians’ reports of focused expertise in clinical practice. J Gen Intern Med 2000;15:417-20.
- Kesselheim AS, Avorn J. The role of litigation in defining drug risks. JAMA 2007;297(3):308-11.
- Kesselheim AS, Intellectual property policy in the pharmaceutical sciences: the effect of inappropriate patents and market exclusivity extensions
on the health care system. AAPS J. 2007; 9(3): E306-11. Review.
- Kesselheim AS, Avorn J. Pharmaceutical promotion to physicians and First Amendment rights. N Engl J Med. 2008 Apr 17;358(16):1727-32.
- Kesselheim AS, Choudhry NK. The international pharmaceutical market as a source of low-cost prescription drugs for U.S. patients. Ann Intern Med.
2008 Apr 15;148(8):614-9
- Kesselheim AS, Mello MM. Confidentiality laws and secrecy in medical research: improving public access to data on drug safety. Health Aff (Millwood).
2007 Mar-Apr;26(2):483-91. Review.
- Kesselheim AS, November MT, Lifford KL, McElrath TF, Puopolo AL, Orav EJ, Studdert DM. Using malpractice claims to identify risk factors for neurological
impairment among infants following non-reassuring fetal heart rate patterns during labour. J Eval Clin Pract. 2010 Jun;16(3):476-83
- Kesselheim AS, Studdert DM. Role of professional organizations in regulating physician expert witness testimony. JAMA. 2007 Dec 26;298(24):2907-9.
- Kesselheim AS, Studdert DM. Whistleblower-initiated enforcement actions against health care fraud and abuse in the United States, 1996 to 2005.
Ann Intern Med. 2008 Sep 2;149(5):342-9.
- Kesselheim AS, Studdert DM. Role of professional organizations in regulating physician expert witness testimony. JAMA. 2007 Dec 26;298(24):2907-9.
- Kraemer KL, Mayo-Smith MF, Calkins DR. Impact of age on the severity, course, and complications of alcohol withdrawal. Arch Intern Med 1997;157:2234-41.
- Friedman PD, Samore H, Kraemer KL, Calkins DR. Arch Intern Med 1995;155:2231-7.
- Krakauer EL, Truog RD. Mistrust, racism, and end-of-life treatment. Hastings Cent Rep 1997;27:23-5.
- Krakauer EL. Prescriptions: autonomy, humanism and the purpose of health technology. Theor Med Bioeth 1998;19:525-45.
- Krakauer EL, Penson RT, Truog RD, King LA, Chabner BA, Lynch TJ Jr. Sedation for intractable distress of a dying patient: acute palliative care
and the principle of double effect. Oncologist 2000;5:53-62.
- Kuchel GA, Avorn J, Reed MJ, Fields D. Cardiovascular responses to phlebotomy and sitting in middle-aged and elderly subjects. Arch Intern Med
- Laine C, Goldman L, Soukup JR, Hayes JG. The impact of regulation restricting medical housestaff working hours on the quality of patient care.
- Laine C, Davidoff F, Lewis CE, Nelson EC, Nelson E, Kessler RC, Delbanco TL. Important elements of outpatient care: a comparison of patients’ and
physicians’ opinions. Ann Intern Med 1996;125:640-5.
- Lancaster TR, Mant J, Singer DE. Stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation. BMJ 1997;314:1563-4.
- Lancaster TR, Singer DE, Sheehan MA, Oertel LB, Maraventano SW, Hughes RA, Kistler JP. The impact of chronic warfarin therapy on quality of life:
Evidence from a randomized trial. Arch Intern Med 1991;151:1944-9.
- Landefeld CS. Antithrombotic therapy of pulmonary embolism. Western J Med 1984;141:223-8.
- Landefeld CS, Flatley M, Weisberg M, Cook EF, Goldman L. Identification and preliminary validation of predictors of major bleeding in hospitalized
patients starting anticoagulant therapy. Am J Med 1987;82:703-13.
- Landefeld CS, Chren MM, Myers A, Geller R, Robbins S, Goldman L. Diagnostic yield of the autopsy in a university hospital and a community hospital.
N Engl J Med 1988;318:1249-54.
- Landefeld CS, Goldman L. Major bleeding in outpatients treated with warfarin: incidence and prediction by factors known at the start of outpatient
therapy. Am J Med 1989;87:144-52.
- Landefeld SC, Anderson PA, Goodnough LT, Moir TW, Hom DL, Rosenblatt MW, Goldman L. The bleeding severity index: validation and comparison to other
methods for classifying bleeding complications of medical therapy. J Clin Epidemiol 1989;42:711-8.
- Landon BE, Iezzoni LI, Ash AS, Shwartz M. Daley J, Hughes JS, Mackiernan YD. Judging hsopitals by severity-adjusted mortality rates: the case of
CABG surgery. Inquiry 1996;33:155-66.
- Landon BE, Wilson IB, Cleary PD. A conceptual model of the effects of health care organizations on the quality of medical care. JAMA 1998;279:1377-82.
- Landon BE, Tobias C, Epstein AM. Quality management by state medicaid agencies converting to manged care: plans and current practice. JAMA 1998;279:211-7.
- Iezzoni LI, Ash AS, Shwartz M, Landon BE, Mackiernan YD, Predicting in-hospital deaths from coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Do different
severity measures give different predictions? Med Care 1998;36:28-39.
- Lasser K, Boyd JW, Woolhandler S, Himmelstein DU, McCormick D, Bor DH. Smoking and mental illness: A population-based prevalence study. JAMA 2000;284:2606-10.
- Lasser KE, Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler SJ, McCormick D, Bor DH. Are minorities disproportionately undertreated for mental illness? Int J Health
- Lasser KE, Allen PD, Woolhandler SJ, Himmelstein DU, Wolfe SM, Bor DH. Timing of new black box warnings and withdrawals for prescription medications.
- Lee TH, Cook EF, Weisberg M, Sargent RK, Wilson C, Goldman L. Acute chest pain in the emergency ward: identification and evaluation of low-risk
patients. Arch Intern Med 1985;145:65-9.
- Lee TH, Goldman L. Serum enzyme assays in the diagnosis of myocardial infarction. Recommendations based on a quantitative analysis. Ann Intern
- Goldman L, Lee TH, Non-invasive tests for diagnosing the presence and extent of coronary artery disease. J Gen Intern Med 1986;1:258-65.
- Lee TH, Cook EF, Goldman L. Prospective evaluation of a clinical and exercise-test model for predicting left main disease. Med Decis Making 1986;6:136-44.
- Lee TH, Weisberg MC, Cook EF, Daley K, Brand DA, Goldman L. Evaluation of creatine kinase and creatine kinase-MB for diagnosing myocardial infarction.
Clinical impact in the emergency room. Arch Intern Med 1987;147:115-21.
- Dunn J, Lee TH, Percelay J, Fitz JG, Goldman L. Patient and house officer attitudes on physician attire and etiquette. JAMA 1987;275:65-8.
- Lee TH, Rouan G, Weisberg MK, et al. Sensitivity of routine clinical criteria for diagnosing myocardial infarction within 24 hours of hospitalization.
Ann Intern Med 1987;106:181-6.
- Lee TH, Rouan G, Weisberg MK, et al. Clinical characteristics and natural history of patients with acute myocardial infarction sent home from the
emergency room. Am J Cardiol 1987;60:219-24.
- Lehmann LS, Weeks JC, Klar N, Biener L, Garber JE. Disclosure of familial genetic information: perceptions of the duty to inform. Am J Med 2000;109:705-11.
- Chung CS, Lehmann LS. Informed consent and the process of cadaver donation. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2002;126:964-8.
- Lehmann LS, Weeks JC, Klar N, Garber JE. A population-based study of Ashkenazi Jewish women’s attitudes toward genetic discrimination and BRCA1/2
testing. Genet Med 2002;4(5):346-52.
- Lehmann LS, Kasoff WS, Koch P, Federman DD. A survey of medical ethics education in the United States and Canada. Acad Med 2004;79: 682-9.
- Ravin DS, Levenson JW. Fatal cardiac event following intiation of risperidone therapy. Ann Pharmocotherapy 1997;31:867-70.
- Levenson JW, McCarthy EP, Lynn J, Davis RB, Phillips RS. The last six months of life for patients with congestive heart failure. J Am Geriatr Soc
- Li TCM, Sherman H, Cook EF, Mudge GH Jr, Mitchell N, Flatley M, Rosati R, Goldman L. The selective impact of a cardiology data bank on physicians'
therapeutic recommendations. Med Decis Making 1984;4:165-76.
- Li TCM, Phillips MC, Shaw L, Cook EF, Natanson C, Goldman L. On-site physician staffing in a community hospital intensive care unit: impact on
test and procedure use and on patient outcome. JAMA 1984;252:2023-7.
- Li TCM, Greenes RA, Weisberg MC, Millan D, Flatley M, Goldman L. Data assessing the usefulness of screening in obstetrical ultrasonography for
detecting fetal and placental abnornmalities in uncomplicated pregnancy: effects of screening. Med Decis Making 1988;8:48‑54.
- Liddicoat RV, Horton NJ, Urban R, Maier E, Christiansen D, Samet JH. Assessing missed opportunities for HIV testing in medical settings. J Gen
Intern Med 2004;19:349-56.
- Linas BP, Zheng H, Losina E, Walensky RP, Freedberg KA. Assessing the impact of federal HIV prevention spending. Am J Public Health 2006;96:1038-43.
- Linder JA, Stafford RS. Antibiotic treatment of adults with sore throat by community primary care physicians: A national survey, 1989-1999. JAMA
- Linder JA, Sim I. Antibiotic treatment of acute bronchitis in smokers: A systematic review. J Gen Intern Med. 2002;17:230-4.
- Linder JA, Singer DE. Concern about anthrax among adults with respiratory illnesses. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice 2002;11:288-290.
- Steinman MA, Gonzales R, Linder JA, Landefeld CS. Changing use of antibiotics in community-based outpatient practice, 1991-1999. Ann Intern Med
- Linder JA, Singer DE, van den Ancker MA, Atlas SA. Health-related quality of life for adults with acute sinusitis: A systematic review. J Gen Intern
- Linder JA, Singer DE. Desire for antibiotics and antibiotic prescribing for adults with upper respiratory tract infections. J Gen Intern Med 2003;18:795-801.
- Linder JA, Singer DE. Health-related quality of life of adults with upper respiratory tract infections. J Gen Intern Med 2003;18:802-7.
- Linder JA, Singer DE, Stafford RS. Association between antibiotic prescribing and visit duration in adults with upper respiratory tract infections.
Clin Ther 2003;25:2419-30.
- Linder JA. Health information technology as a tool to improve care for acute respiratory infections. Am J Manag Care. 2004; (10):661-2.
- Linder JA, Atlas SJ. Health-related quality of life in patients with sinusitis. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2004; (6):490-5. Review.
- Linder JA, Huang ES, Steinman MA, Gonzales R, Stafford RS. Fluoroquinolone prescribing in the United States: 1995 to 2002. Am J Med. 2005; (3):259-68.
- Linder JA, Bates DW, Platt R. Antivirals and antibiotics for influenza in the United States, 1995 to 2002. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2005; (8):531-6.
- Lopez, L. “Educating physicians for moral excellence in the 21st century.” Ethics in the 21st Century. Arthur Dyck, ed. Harvard University Press
2008; in press.
- López L, Wilper AP, Cervantes MC, Betancourt JR, Green AR. Racial and sex differences in emergency department triage assessment and test ordering
for chest pain, 1997-2006. Acad Emerg Med. 2010;17(8):801-8.
- López L, Weissman JS, Schneider EC, Weingart SN, Cohen AP, Epstein AM. Disclosure of hospital adverse events and its association with patients'
ratings of the quality of care. Arch Intern Med. 2009:169(20):1888-94.
- López L, Hicks LS, Cohen AP, McKean S, Weissman JS. Hospitalists and the quality of care in hospitals. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169(15):1389-94.
- Lopez L, Katz JT. Perspective: creating an ethical workplace: reverberations of resident work hours reform. Acad Med. 2009;84(3):315-9.
- Lopez L, Cook EF, Horng MS, Hicks LS. Lifestyle modification counseling for hypertensive patients: results from the National Health and Nutrition
Examination Survey 1999-2004. Am J Hypertens. 2009;22(3):325-31
- Lopez L, Vranceanu AM, Cohen AP, Betancourt J, Weissman JS. Personal characteristics associated with resident physicians' self perceptions of preparedness
to deliver cross-cultural care. J Gen Intern Med. 2008;23(12):1953-8
- Majumdar SR, Fletcher RH, Evans AT. How does colorectal cancer present? Symptoms, duration, and clues to location. Am J Gastroenterol 1999;94:3039-45.
- Majumdar SR, Gurwitz JH, Soumerai SB. Undertreatment of hyperlipidemia in the secondary prevention of coronary artery disease. J Gen Intern Med
- Majumdar SR. Beta-blockers for the treatment of hypertension in patients with diabetes: exploring the contraindication myth. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther
- Majumdar SR, Inui TS, Gurwitz JH, Gillman MW, McLaughlin TJ, Soumerai SB. Influence of physician specialty on adoption and relinquishment of calcium
channel blockers and other treatments for myocardial infarction. J Gen Intern Med 2001;16:351-9.
- Majumdar SR, Soumerai SB, Lee M, Ross-Degnan D. Designing an intervention to improve the management of Helicobacter pylori infection. Jt Comm J
Qual Improv 2001;27:405-14.
- Mangione CM, Lo B. Beyond fear: resolving ethical dilemmas regarding HIV infection. Chest 1989; 95:1100-6.
- Mangione CM, Gerberding JL, Cummings SR. Occupational exposures to HIV: frequency and rates of underreporting of percutaneous and mucocutaneous
exposures by medical housestaff. Am J Med. 1991;90:85-90.
- Papadakis MA, Mangione CM, Lee KK, Kristof M. Treatable abdominal pathologic conditions and unsuspected malignant neoplasms at autopsy in veterans
who received mechanical ventilation. JAMA 1991; 265;885-7.
- Mangione CM, Phillips RS, Seddon J, Cook EF, Goldman L. Development of the "Activities of Daily Vision Scale": an assessment of visual
function for patients undergoing cataract surgery. Med Care 1992; 30:1111-26.
- Mangione CM, Marcantonio ER, Goldman L, et al. Influence of age on measurement of health status in patients undergoing elective surgery. J Am Geriatr
- Mangione CM, Seddon J, Cook EF, Glynn R. Correlates of cognitive function scores in elderly outpatients. J Am Geriatr Soc 1993;41:491-7.
- Marcantonio ER, Goldman L, Mangione CM, Ludwig L, Muraca B, Haslauer CM, Donaldson MC, Whittemore AD, Sugarbacker DJ, Poss R, Haas S, Cook EF,
Orav EJ, Lee TH. A clinical prediction rule for delirium after elective non-cardiac surgery. JAMA 1994;271:134-9.
- Marcantonio ER, Goldman L, Orav EJ, Cook EF, Lee Th. The association of intraoperative factors with the development of postoperative delirium.
Am J Med 1998;105:380-4.
- Marcantonio ER, Juarez G, Goldman L, Mangione CM, Ludwig LE, Lind L, Katz N, Cook EF, Orav EJ, Lee TH. The relationship of postoperative delirium
with psychoactive medications. JAMA 1994;272:1518-22.
- Maviglia SM, Bates D. Hospitalism in the USA. Lancet 1999;353:1902.
- Maviglia SM, Teich JM, Fiskio J, Bates DW. Using an electronic medical record to identify opportunities to improve compliance with cholesterol
guidelines. J Gen Intern Med 2001;16:531-7.
- McCaffrey AM, Eisenberg DM, Legedza AT, Davis RB, Phillips RS. Prayer for health concerns: results of a national survey on prevalence and patterns
of use. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164:858-62.
- McCormick D, Fine MJ, Coley CM, Marrie TJ, Lave JR, Obrosky DS, Kappor WN, Singer DE. Variation in length of hospital stay in patients with community-acquired
pneumonia: are shorter stays associated with worse medical outcomes? Am J Med 1999;107:5-12.
- McNaughton Collins M, Barry MJ. Controversies in prostate cancer screening: Analogies to the early lung cancer screening date. JAMA 1996;276:1976-9.
- McNaughton Collins M, Fletcher RH. Research questions concerning prostate cancer screening. Cancer Causes Control 1997;8:668-71.
- McNaughton Collins M, Ransohoff DF, Barry MJ. Early detection of prostate cancer. Serendipity strikes again. JAMA 1997;278:1516-9.
- Mehrotra A, Epstein AM, Rosenthal MB. Do integrated medical groups provide higher-quality medical care than individual practice associates? Ann
Intern Med 2006; 145:826-33.
- Mehrotra A, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ. Preventive health examinations and preventive gynecological examinations in the United States. Arch Intern
- Meigs JB, Singer DE, Sullivan LM, Dukes KA, D’Agostino RB, Nathan DM, Wagner EH, Kaplan SH, Greenfield S. Metabolic control and prevalent cardiovascular
disease in non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIIDM): The NIIDM patient outcomes research team. Am J Med 1997;102:38-47.
- Meigs JB, D’Agostino RB, Wilson PW, Cupples LA, Nathan DM, Singer DE. Risk variable clustering in the insulin resistance syndrome. The Framingham
offspring study. Diabetes 1997;46:1594-600.
- Meigs JB, Singer DE, Nathan DM, Cupples LA, Wilson PWF. Tracking of hemoglobin A in the original cohort of the Framingham Heart Study. J Clin Epidemiol
- Meigs JB, Barry MJ, Oesterling JE, Jacobsen SJ. Interpreting results of prostate-specific antigen testing for early detection of prostate cancer.
J Gen Intern Med 1996;11:505-12.
- Metlay JP, Fine MJ, Schulz R, Marrie TJ, Coley CM, Kapoor WN, Singer DE. Measuring symptomatic and functional recovery in patients with
community-acquired pneumonia. J Gen Intern Med 1997;12:423-30.
- Metlay JP, Schulz R, Li YH, Singer DE, Marrie TJ, Coley CM, Hough LJ, Obrosky DS, Kappor WN, Fine MJ. Influence of age on symptoms at presentation
in patients with community-acquired pneumonia. Arch Intern Med 1997;157:1453-9.
- MetlayJP, Atlas SJ, Borowsky LH, Singer DE. Time course of symptom resolution in patients with community-acquired pneumonia. Respir Med 1998;92:1137-42.
- Metlay JP, Stafford RS, Singer DE. National trends in the use of antibiotics by primary care physicians for adult patients with cough. Arch Intern
- Meyer GS. Occupational infection in health care: The century old lessons from syphilis. Arch Intern Med 1993;153:2439-47.
- Meyer GS. Criminal punishment for the transmission of sexually transmitted disease: lessons from syphilis. Bull His Med 1991;65:549-64.
- Meyer GS, Eagle KA. Patient-controlled analgesia masking pulmonary embolus in a postoperative patient. Crit Care Med 1992;20:1619-21.
- Meyer GS, McCarthy ST. Circadian variation of abnormal heart beats in an elderly population and their relation to sudden cardiac death. Chronobiologia
- Meyer GS, Edwards JN, Blumenthal D. Experience of the Robert Wood Johnson Health Policy Fellowship. Health Affairs 1994; II:264-70.
- Minogue MF, Coley CM, fine MJ, Marrie TJ, Kapoor WN, Singer DE. Patients hospitalized after initial outpatient treatment for community-acquired
pneumonia. Ann Emerg Med 1998;31:376-80.
- Mohanty SA, Woolhandler S, Himmelstein DU, Pati S, Carrasquillo O, Bor DH. Health care expenditures of immigratns in the United States: a nationally
representative analysis. Am J Public Health. 2005; 95:1431-8.
- Mohanty SA, Woolhandler S, Himmelstein DU, Bor DH. Diabetes and cardiovascular disease among asian indians in the United States. J Gen Intern Med.
- Hellander I, Moloo J, Himmelstein DU, Woolhandler S, Wolfe SM. The growing epidemic of uninsurance: new data on the health insurance coverage of
Americans. Intern J Health Serv 1995;25:377-92.
- Singer DE, Moulton AW, Nathan DM. Diabetic myocardial infarction: the interaction of diabetes with other pre-infarction risk factors. Diabetes
- Moulton AW, Singer DE, Haas JS. Risk factors for stroke in patients with non-rheumatic atrial fibrillation. Am J Med 1991;91:156-61.
- Vaillant GE, Meyer SE, Mukamal K, Soldz S. Are social supports in late midlife a cause or a result of successful physical ageing? Psychol Med 1998;28:1159-68.
- Mukamal KJ, Mittleman MA, Maclure M, Sherwood JB, Goldberg RJ, Muller JE. Recent aspirin use is associated with smaller myocardial infarct size
and lower likelihood of Q-wave infarction. Am Heart J 1999;137:1120-8.
- Mukamal KJ, Muller JE, Maclure M, Sherwood JB, Mittleman MA. Lack of effect of recent alcohol consumption on the course of acute myocardial infarction.
Am Heart J 1999;138:926-33.
- Mukamal KJ, Muller JE, Maclure M, Sherwood JB, Mittleman MA. Increased risk of congestive heart failure among infarctions with nighttime onset.
Am Heart J 2000;140:438-42.
- Vaillant GE, Mukamal K. Successful aging. Am J Psychiatry 2001;158:839-47.
- Murff HJ, Kannry J. Physician satisfaction with two order entry systems. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2001;8:499-509.
- Bates DW, Evans RS, Murff HJ, Stetson PD, Pizziferri L, Hripcsak G. Detecting adverse events using information technology. J Am Med Inform Assoc
- Bates DW, Evans RS, Murff HJ, Stetson PD, Pizziferri L, Hripcsak G. Policy and the future of adverse event detection using information technology.
J Am Med Inform Assoc 2003;10:226-8.
- Forster AJ, Murff HJ, Peterson JF, Gandhi TK, Bates DW. The incidence and severity of adverse events affecting patients after discharge from the
hospital. Ann Intern Med 2003;138:161-7.
- Persell SD, Heiman HL, Weingart SN, Burdick E, Borus JS, Murff HJ, Bates DW, Gandhi TK. Understanding of drug indications by ambulatory
care patients. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2004; 61(23):2523-7.
- Poon EG, Gandhi TK, Sequist TD, Murff HJ, Karson AS, Bates DW. "I wish I had seen this test result earlier!": Dissatisfaction with
test result management systems in primary care. Arch Intern med. 2004; 164(20):2223-8.
- Murff HJ, Orav EJ, Lee TH, Bates DW, Fairchild DG. Patient Satisfaction profiling of individual physicians: impact of panel status. J Eval Clin
Pract. 2004; (4):553-61.
- Murff HJ, Byrne D, Syngal S. Cancer risk assessment: quality and impact of the family history interview. Am J Prev Med. 2004(3):239-45.
- Murff HJ, Spigel DR, Syngal S. Does this patient have a family history of cancer? An evidence-based analysis of the accuracy of family cancer history.
JAMA. 2004 (12):1480-9. Review.
- Murff HJ, Rothman RL, Byrne DW, Syngal S. The impact of family history of diabetes on glucose testing and counseling behavior in primary care.
Diabetes Care. 2004 (9):2247-8.
- Murff HJ, Forster AJ, Peterson JF, Fiskio JM, Heiman HL, Bates DW. Electronically screening discharges summaries for adverse medical events.
J Am Med Inform Assoc 2003. (epublication ahead of print)
- Murff HJ, Byrne D, Haas JS, Puopolo AL, Brennan TA. Race and family history assessment for breast cancer. J Gen Intern Med. 2005; (1):75-80.
- Forster AJ, Murff HJ, Peterson JF, Gandhi TK, Bates DW. Adverse drug events occurring following hospital discharge. J Gen Intern Med. 2005;
- Murkofsky RL, Phillips RS, McCarthy EP, Davis RB, Hamel MB. Length of stay in home care before and after the 1997 Balanced Budget Act. JAMA. 2003;289:2841-8.
- Nekhlyudov L, Fletcher SW. Is it time to stop teaching breast self-examination? CMAJ 2001;164:1851-2.
- Nekhlyudov L, Ross-Degnan D, Fletcher SW. Beliefs and expectations of women under 50 years old regarding screening mammography: a qualitative study.
J Gen Intern Med 2003;18:182-9.
- Nekhlyudov L, Barton MB, Elmore JG, Fletcher SW. Breast self-examinations: who teaches it, who is taught, and how often? Cancer Causes Control
- Neuner JM, Zimmer JK, Hamel MB. Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis in patients with vertebral compression fractures. J Am Geriatr Soc 2003;51:483-91.
- Ngo-Metzger Q, Massagli MP, Clarridge B, Manocchia M, Davis RB, Iezzoni LI, Phillips RS. Patient-centered quality measures for Asian Americans:
research in progress. Am J Med Qual 2000;15:167-73.
- Chen QS Jr., Ngo-Metzger Q, Tran LQ, Sugrue-McElearney E, Levy ER, Williams G, Phillips RS. Hepatitis B vaccination among Vietnamese-American children
in a Boston community clinic. Asian Am Pac Isl J Health 2001;9:179-87.
- Ngo-Metzger Q, Massagli MP, Clarridge B, Manocchia M, Davis RB, Iezzoni LI, Phillips RS. Linguistic and cultural barriers to care. J Gen Intern
- Katz MH, Nicholson BW, Singer DE, Kelleher PA, Mulley AG, Thibault GE. The triage decision in pulmonary edema. J Gen Intern Med 1988;3:533-9.
- Oken E, Duggan C. Update on micronutrients: iron and zinc. Curr Opin Pediatr 2002;14:350-3.
- Lightdale JR, Oken E. Breastfeeding, food choices, restrictive diets, and nutritional fads. Curr Opin Pediatr 2002;14:344-9.
- Oken E, Gillman MW. Fetal origins of obesity. Obes Res 2003;11:496-506.
- Oken E, Kleinman KP, Rich-Edwards J, Gillman MW. A nearly continuous measure of birth weight for gestational age using a United States national
reference. BMC Pediatr 2003;3:6.
- Oken E, Kleinman K, Berland WE, Simon S, Rich-Edwards JW, Gillman MW. Decline in fish consumption after a national mercury advisory. Obstet Gynecol
- Oken E, Stoffel EM, Stern LJ. Use of volunteer medical brigades to measure assess growth in Honduras. J Trop Pediatr. 2004;50:203-8.
- Oken E, Kleinman KP, Olsen SF, Rich-Edwards JW, Gillman MW. Associations of seafood and elongated n-3 fatty acid intake with fetal growth and length
of gestation: results from a US pregnancy cohort. Am J Epidemiol. 2004;160:774-83.
- Raby BA, Celedon JC, Litonjua AA, Phipatanakul W, Sredl D, Oken E, Ryan L, Weiss ST, Gold DR. Low-normal gestational age as a predictor of asthma
at 6 years of age. Pediatrics. 2004; (3):e327-32.
- Rich-Edwards JW, Kleinman KP, Strong EF, Oken E, Gillman MW. Preterm delivery in Boston before and after September 11th, 2001. Epidemiology.
- Pabon-Nau LP, Cohen A, Meigs JB, Grant RW. Hypertension and diabetes prevalence among U.S. Hispanics by country of origin: the national health
interview survey 2000-2005. J Gen Intern Med. 2010;25(8):847-52.
- Pearson SD, Lee TH, Lindsey E, Hawkins T, Cook EF, Goldman L. The impact of membership in a health maintenance organization on hospital admission
rates for acute chest pain. Health Services Res 1994;229:59-74.
- Pearson SD, Power TF, Epstein AL. Leadership and management training: a skill-oriented program for medical residents. J Gen Intern Med 1994;9:227-31.
- Pearson SD, Goldman L, Garcia TB, Cook EF, Lee TH. Physician response to a prediction rule for the traige of emergency department patients with
chest pain. J Gen Intern Med 1994;9:241-47.
- Lee TH, Pearson SD, Johnson PA, et al. Failure of information as an intervention to modify clinical management: a time-series trial with acute
chest pain patients. Ann Intern Med 1995;122:434-37.
- Pearson SD, Goldman L, Orav EJ, et al. Triage decisions for emergency department patients with chest pain: Do physicians’ risk attitudes make the
difference? J Gen Intern Med 1995;10:557-564.
- Pels RJ, Bor DH, Lawrence DS. Decision making for introducing clinical preventive services. Ann Rev Pub Hlth 1989;10:359-79.
- Pels RJ, Bor DH, Woolhandler S, et al. Dipstick urinalysis screening for asymptomatic adults for urinary tract disorders, part 2. JAMA 1989;262:1220-4.
- Woolhandler S, Pels RJ, Bor DH, Himmelstein DU, et al. Dipstick urinalysis screening of asymptomatic adults for urinary track disorders, part 1:
hematuria and proteinuria. JAMA 1989;262:1214-9.
- Taylor WC, Pels RJ, Lawrence RS. A first-year problem-based curriculum in health promotion and disease prevention. Acad Med 1989;64:673-7.
- Pereira AG, Pearson SD. Patient attitudes toward physician financial incentives. Arch Intern Med 2001;161:1313-7.
- Pereira AG, Kleinman KP, Pearson SD. Leaving the practice: effects of primary care physician departure on patient care. Arch Intern Med. 2003;163:2733-6.
- Persell SD, Zaslavsky AM, Weissman JS, Ayanian JZ. Age-related differences in preventive care among adults with diabetes. Am J Med. 2004;116:630-4.
- Persell SD, Keating NL, Landrum MB, Landon BE, Ayanian JZ, Borbas C, Guadagnoli E. Relationship of diabetes-specific knowledge to self-management
activities, ambulatory preventive care, and metabolic outcomes. Prev Med. 2004;39:746-52.
- Persell SD, Baker DW. Aspirin use among adults with diabetes: recent trends and emerging sex disparaties. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164:2492-9.
- Persell SD, Maviglia SM, Bates DW, Ayanian JZ. Ambulatory hypercholesterolemia management in patients with atherosclerosis. Gender and race differences
in processes and outcomes. J Gen Intern Med. 2005;20:123-30.
- Peters WL, Goroll AH. The evaluation and treatment of hypercholesterolemia in primary care practice. J Gen Intern Med 1986;1:183-195.
- Brennan TA, Lee TH, O'Neil AC, Petersen LA. Integrating providers into quality improvement: A pilot project 187 at on Hospital. Qual Manage Health
- O'Neil AC, Petersen LA, Cook EF, Bates DW, Lee TH, Brennan TA. A comparison of physicians self-reporting with medical record review to identify
medical adverse events. Ann Intern Med 1993;119:370-6.
- Petersen LA, Brennan TA, O'Neil AC, Cook EF, Lee TH. Does house staff discontinuity of care increase the risk for preventable adverse events? Ann
Intern Med 1994;121:866-72.
- Bates DW, O'Neil AC, Petersen LA, Lee TH, Brennan TA. Evaluation of screening criteria for adverse events in medical patients. Med Care 1995;33:452-62.
- Petersen K, Phillips RS, Soukup J, Komaroff AC, Aronson M. Effect of erythromycin on pharyngitis not covered by group A streptoccoccus. A randomized
controlled trial. J Gen Intern Med 1997;12:95-101.
- Peterson ED, Wright SM, Daley J, Thibault GE. Racial variation in cardiac procedures and survival following acute myocardial infarction in the
Department of Veterans Affairs. JAMA 1994; 271:1175-80.
- Peterson JF, Bates DW. Preventable medication errors: identifying and eliminating serious drug interactions. J Am Pharm Assoc 2001;41:159-60.
- Thomason JW, Shintani A, Peterson JF, Pun BT, Jackson JC, Ely EW. Intensive care unit delirium is an independent predictor of longer hospital stay:
a prospective analysis of 261 non-ventilated patients. Crit Care. 2005 (4):R375-81.
- Pun BT, Gordon SM, Peterson JF, Shintani AK, Jackson JC, Foss J, Harding SD, Bernard GR, Dittus RS, Ely EW. Large-scale implementation of sedation
and delirium monitoring in the intensive care unit: a report from two medical centers. Crit Care Med. 2005 (6):1199-205.
- Peterson JF, Kuperman GJ, Shek C, Patel M, Avorn J, Bates DW. Guided prescription of psychotropic medications for geriatric inpatients. Arch Intern
med. 2005; (7):802-7.
- Yu DT, Peterson JF, Seger DL, Gerth WC, Bates DW. Frequency of potential azole drug-drug interactions and consequences of potential fluconazole
drug interactions. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2005; (e-pub ahead of print)
- Forster AJ, Murff HJ, Peterson JF, Gandhi TK, Bates DW. The incidence and severity of adverse events affecting patients after discharge from the
hospital. Ann Intern Med 2003;138:161-7.
- Pippins JR, Gandhi TK, Hamann C, Ndumele CD, Labonville SA, Diedrichsen EK, Carty MG, Karson AS, Bhan I, Coley CM, Liang CL, Turchin A, McCarthy
PC, Schnipper JL. Classifying and predicting errors of inpatient medication reconciliation. J Gen Intern Med. 2008;23(9):1414-22.
- Pippins, JR, Alegria M, Haas JS. Association between language proficiency and the quality of primary care among a national sample of insured Latinos.
Med Car. 2007; 45(11): 1020-1025
- Pippins JR, Brawarsky P, Jackson RA, Fuentes-Afflick E, Haas JS. Association of breastfeeding with maternal depressive symptoms. J Womens Health
(Larchmt). 2006; 15(6): 154-62
- Pippins JR, Fitzmaurice GM, Haas JS. Hospital characterisitics and racial disparities in hospital mortality from common medical conditions. J Natl
Med Assoc. 2007; 99(9): 1030-6.
- Pirraglia PA, Peterson JC, Williams-Russo P, Charlson ME. Assessment of decline in health-related quality of life among angina-free patients undergoing
coronary artery bypass surgery. Cardiology 2003;99:1-6.
- Pirraglia PA, Stafford RS, Singer DE. Trends in prescribing of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and other newer antidepressant agents in
adult primary care. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry. 2003;5:153-157.
- Grant RW, Pirraglia PA, Meigs JB, Singer DE. Trends in complexity of diabetes care in the United States from 1991 to 2000. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164:1134-9.
- Pirraglia PA, Sanyal P, Singer DE, Ferris TG. Depressive symptom burden as a barrier to screening for breast and cervical cancers. J Womens Health
- Murff HJ, Forster AJ, Peterson JF, Fiskio JM, Heiman HL, Bates DW. Electronically screening discharges summaries for adverse medical events.
J Am Med Inform Assoc 2003 10:339-50.
- Phillips RS, Aronson MD, Taylor WC, Safran C. Should tests for Chlamydiatrachomatiscervical infection be done during gynecologic
visits? An analysis of the costs of alternative strategies. Ann Intern Med 1987;107:188-94.
- Phillips RS, Hanff PA, Kauffman RS, Aronson MD. Use of a direct fluorescent antibody test to detect Chlamydia trachomatiscervical infection
in women seeking routine gynecologic care. J Infect Dis 1987;156:575-81.
- Phillips RS, Safran C, Cleary PD, Delbanco TL. Predicting emergency readmissions for patients discharged from the medical service of teaching hospitals.
J Gen Intern Med 1987;2:400-5.
- Phillips RS, Hanff PA, Wertheimer A, Aronson MA. Gonorrhea in women seen for routine gynecologic care: criteria for testing. Am J Med 1988;85:177-82.
- Pirraglia PA, Bishop D, Herman DS, Trisvan E, Lopez RA, Torgersen CS, Van Hof AM, Anderson BJ, Miller I, Stein MD. Caregiver burden and depression
among informal caregivers of HIV-infected individuals. J Gen Intern Med. 2005; (6):510-4.
- Pirraglia PA, Rosen AB, Olchanski NV, Neumann PJ. Cost-utility analyses in depression: a systematic review. Am J Psychiatr 2004;161:2155-62.
- Kaushal R, Bates DW, Poon EG, Jha AK, Blumenthal D. Functional gaps in attaining a national health information network. Health Aff (Millwood).
- Rose AF, Schnipper JL, Park ER, Poon EG, Li Q, Middleton B. Using qualitative studies to improve the usability of an EMR. J Biomed Inform. 2005;
- Roy CL, Poon EG, Karson AS, Ladak-Merchant Z, Johnson RE, Maviglia SM, Gandhi TK. Patient safety conerns arising from test results that return
after hospital discharge. Ann Intern Med. 2005; (2):121-8.
- Gandhi TK, Weingart SN, Seger AC, Borus J, Burdick E, Poon EG, Leape LL, Bates DW. Outpatient prescribing errors and the impact of computerized
- Kaushal R, Blumenthal D, Poon EG, Jha AK, Franz C, Middleton B, Glaser J, Kuperman G, Christino M, Fernandopulle R, Newhouse JP, Bates DW; Cost
of National Health Information Network Working Group. The costs of a national health information network. Ann Intern med. 2005; (3):165-73.
- Poon EG, Kaushal R, Jha AK, Christino M, Honour MM, Fernandopulle R, Middleton B, Bates DW, Blumenthal D. Assessing the level of healthcare information
technology adoption in the United States: a 2003 snapshot of the Boston and Denver markets. Medinfo. 2004;2004(CD):1815.
- Poon EG, Blumenthal D, Jaggi T, Honour MM, Bates DW, Kaushal R. Overcoming barriers to adopting and implementing computerized physician order entry
systems in U.S. hospitals. Health Aff (Millwood). 2004;23:184-90.
- Poon EG, Haas JS, Louise Puopolo A, Gandhi TK, Burdick E, Bates DW, Brennan TA. Communication factors in the follow-up of abnormal mammograms.
J Gen Intern Med. 2004;19:316-23.
- Poon EG, Wald J, Bates DW, Middleton B, Kuperman GJ, Gandhi TK. Supporting patient care beyond the clinical encounter: three informatics innovations
from partners health care. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003:1072.
- Poon EG, Blumenthal D, Jaggi T, Honour MM, Bates DW, Kaushal R. Overcoming the barriers to the implementing computerized physician order entry
systems in US hospitals: perspectives from senior management. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003:975.
- Jha AK, Poon EG, Bates DW, Blumenthal D, Middleton B, Kuperman GJ, Kaushal R. Defining the priorities and challenges for the adoption of Information
Technology in HealthCare: opinions from an expert panel. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003:881.
- Gandhi TK, Sequist TD, Poon EG, Karson AS, Murff H, Fairchild DG, Kuperman GJ, Bates DW. Primary care clinician attitudes towards electronic clinical
reminders and clinical practice guidelines. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003:848.
- Poon EG, Wang SJ, Gandhi TK, Bates DW, Kuperman GJ. Design and implementation of a comprehensive outpatient Results Manager. J Biomed Inform. 2003;36:80-91.
- Murff HJ, Gandhi TK, Karson AK, Mort EA, Poon EG, Wang SJ, Fairchild DG, Bates DW. Primary care physician attitudes concerning follow-up of abnormal
test results and ambulatory decision support systems. Int J Med Inform. 2003;71:137-49.
- Poon EG, Kuperman GJ, Fiskio J, Bates DW. Real-time notification of laboratory data requested by users through alphanumeric pagers. J Am Med Inform
- Pinsker J, Phillips RS, Davis RB, Iezzoni LI. Use of follow-up services by patients referred from a walk-in unit. Am J Clin Qual 1995;10:81-7.
- Quinn MA, Wilcox A, Orav EJ, Bates DW, Simon SR. The relationship between perceived practice quality and quality improvement activities and physician
practice dissatisfaction, professional isolation, and work-life stress. Med Care. 2009; 47(8):924-8
- Ramanan RA, Phillips RS, Davis RB, Silen W, Reede JY. Mentoring in medicine: keys to satisfaction. Am J Med 2002;112:336-41.
- Redmond N, Baer HJ, Clark CR, Lipsitz S, Hicks LS. Sources of Health Information Related to Preventive Health Behaviors in a National Study. American
Journal of Preventive Medicine 2010 38:620-627.
- Regueiro CR, Hamel MB, Davis RB, Desbiens N, Connors AF, Jr., Phillips RS. A comparison of generalist and pulmonologist care for patients hospitalized
with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: resource intensity, hospital costs and survival. Am J Med 1998;105:366-72.
- Yalla SV, Resnick NM, Vesicourethral static pressure profile during voiding: Methodology and clinical utility. World J Urol 1984;2:196-202.
- Resnick NM, Yalla SV. Management of urinary incontinence in the elderly. N Engl Med 1985;313:800-5.
- Hadley E, Abbey JC, Awad S, Resnick NM, et al. Bladder training and related therapies for urinary incontinence in older people. JAMA 1986;256:372-9.
- Resnick NM, Yalla SV. Detrusor hyperactivity with impaired contractility: An unrecognized but common cause of incontinence in elderly institutionalized
patients. JAMA 1987;257:3076-81.
- Rich JA, Singer DE. Cocaine-related symptoms in patients presenting to an urban emergency room. Ann Emergency Med 1991;20:616-21.
- Rigotti NA, Neer RM, Nussbaum SR. Osteoporosis in women with anorexia nervosa. N Engl J Med 1984;311:1601-6.
- Riley EH, Fuentes-Afflick E, Jackson RA, Escobar GJ, Brawarsky P, Schreiber M, Haas JS. Correlates of prescription drug use during pregnancy. J
Womens Health (Larchmt). 2005; 14:401-9
- Rind DM, Safran C, Phillips RS, et al. Effect of computer based alerts on the treatment and outcomes of hospitalized patients. Arch Intern Med
- Rose SA, Turchin A, Grant RW, Meigs. Documentation of body mass index and control of associated risk factors in a large primary care network. BMC
Health Serv Res. 2009; 9:236.
- Blendon RJ, DesRoches CM, Brodie M, Beson JM, Rosen AB, Schneider E, Altman DE, Zapert K, Herrman MJ, Steffenson AE. Views of practicing physicians
and the public on medical errors. N Engl J Med 2002;347:1933-40.
- Rosen AB, Tsai JS, Downs SM. Do risk attitudes vary across gender and race? Med Decis Making. 2003;23:511-7.
- Fanikos J, Tsilimingras K, Kucher N, Rosen AB, Hieblinger MD, Goldhaber SZ. Comparison of efficacy, safety, and cost of low-molecular-weight heparin
with continuous-infusion unfractionated heparin for initiation of anticoagulation after mechanical prosthetic valve implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2004;93:247-50.
- Rosen AB, Schneider EC. Colorectal cancer screening disparities related to obesity and gender. J Gen Intern Med 2004;19:332-8.
- Greenberg D, Rosen AB, Olchanski NV, Stone PW, Nadai J, Neumann PJ . Delays in publication of cost utility analyses conducted alongside clinical
trials: registry analysis. BMJ. 2004;328:1536-7. Epub 2004 Apr 20.
- Rosen AB, Karter AJ, Liu JY, Selby JV, Schneider EC. Use of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers in high-risk
clinical and ethnic groups with diabetes. J Gen Intern Med. 2004;19:669-75.
- Neumann PJ, Greenberg D, Olchanski NV, Stone PW, Rosen AB. Growth and quality of the cost-utility literature, 1976-2001. Value Health 2005;8:3-9.
- Rosen AB, Blendon RJ, DesRoches CM, Benson JM, Bates DW, Brodie M, Altman DE, Zapert K, Steffenson AE, Schneider EC. Physician views of interventions
to reduce medical errors: does evidence of effectiveness matter? Acad Med 2005;80:1-4.
- Brauer CA, Rosen AB, Greenberg D, Olchanski NV, Neumann PJ. Cost-utility analyses in orthopedic surgery: What they reveal about how to direct resources
efficiently. J Bone Joint Surg 2005 (in press).
- Sonnad SS, Greenberg D, Rosen AB, Neumann PJ. Cost-utility analyses in the medical literature: an example of diffusion. Int J Technol Assess Health
Care 2005 (in press).
- Rosen AB, Greenberg D, Stone PW, Olchanski NV, Neumann PJ. Quality of abstracts of papers reporting original cost-effectiveness analyses. Med Decis
Making 2005 (in press).
- Neumann PJ, Rosen AB, Greenberg D, Olchanski NV, Chapman RH, Stone PW, Ondegutui S, Nadai J, Siegel JE, Weinstein MC. Can we better prioritize
resources for cost-utility analyses? Med Decis Making. 2005; 25:429-36.
- Rosen AB, Hamel MB, Weinstein MC, Cutler DM, Fendrick AM, Vijan S. Cost-effectiveness of full medicare coverage of angiotensin-converting
enzyme inhibitors for beneficiaries with diabetes. Ann Intern Med 2005; 143(2):89-99.
- Haug NA, Hall SM, Prochaska JJ, Rosen AB, Tsoh JY, Humfleet G, Delucchi K, Rossi JS, Redding CA, Eisendrath S. Acceptance of nicotine dependence
treatment among currently depressed smokers. Nicotine Tob Res. 2005; 7:217-24.
- Sabatino SA, Burns RB, Davis RB, Phillips RS, Chen YH, McCarthy EP. Breast cancer screening practices and risk perception among women at risk for
breast cancer: Results from a national survey. Cancer. 2004;100:2338-46.
- Saitz R, Williams Berestrand W, Fraber, Harrison W. Atenolol-induced cardiovascular collapse treated with hemodialysis. Crit Care Med 1991;19:116-8.
- Saitz R, Mayo-Smith MF, Roberts MS, Redmond HA, Bernard DR, Calkins DR. Individualized treatment for alcohol withdrawal: a randomized double-blind
controlled trial. JAMA 1994;272:519-23.
- Rawitscher LA, Saitz R, Friedman LS. Adolescents' preferences regarding human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) -related physician counseling
and HIV testing. Pediatrics 1995;96:52-8.
- Samet JH, Flinn MS, Balady G, Skinner M. Costochondritis: a morbid complication in a survivor of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Am J Med 1987;83:362-4.
- Singer DE, Samet JH, Coley CM, Nathan DM. Screening for diabetes mellitus. Ann Intern Med 1988;109:639-49.
- Samet JH, Shevitz A, Fowle J, Singer DE. The hospitalization decision in febrile intravenous drug users. Am J Med 1990;89:53-7.
- Samet JH, Burstin HR, Green J, Singer DE. Sociodemographic determinants in the hospitalization decision: Evaluation of an emergency department
interhospital transfer policy. Ann Emerg Med 1993;22:813-8.
- Goldman L, Sayson R, Robbins S, Cohn LH, Bettman M, Weisberg M. The value of the autopsy in three medical eras. N Engl J Med 1983; 308:1000-1005.
- Schneider ED, Epstein AM. Performance reports on cardiac surgery: influence on referral practices and access to care. N Engl J Med 1996;355:2451-6.
- Schnipper JL, Kapoor WN. Diagnostic evaluation and management of patients with syncope. Med Clin North Am 2001;85:423-56, xi.
- Schonberg MA, Wee CC. Menopausal Symptom Management and Prevention Counseling after the Women’s Health Initiative among Women Seen in an Internal
Medicine Practice. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2005; 14:507-14.
- Schonberg MA, David RB, Wee CC. After the Women’s Health Initiative: decision making and trust of women taking hormone therapy. Womens Health Issues.
- Schonberg MA, McCarthy EP, Davis RB, Phillips RS, Hamel MB. Breast cancer screening in women aged 80 and older: results from a national survey.
J Amer Geriatr Soc 2004;52:1688-95.
- Scranton RE, Sesso HD, Glynn RJ, Levenson JW, Stedman M, Gagnon D, Gaziano JM. Characteristics associated with differences in reported versus measured
total cholesterol among male physicians. J Prim Prev. 2005; 26:51-61.
- Ting G, Schneeweiss S, Katz JN, Weinblatt ME, Cabral D, Scranton RE, Solomon DH. Performance of a rheumatoid arthritis records-based index of severity.
J Rheumatol. 2005; 32:1679-1687.
- Seto TB, Taira DA, Davis RB, Safran C, Phillips RS. Effect of physician gender on the prescription of estrogen replacement therapy. J Gen Intern
- Seto TB, Taira DA, Tsevat J, Manning WJ. Cost-effectiveness of transesophageal echocardiographic-guided cardioversion: a decision analystic model
for patients admitted to the hospital with atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardio 1997;29:122-30.
- Taira DA, Safran DG, Seto TB, Rogers WH, Tarlov AR. The relationship between patient income and physician discussion of health risk behaviors.
- Taira DA, Safran DG, Seto TB, Rogers WH, Kosinski M, Ware JE, Lieberman N, Tarlove AR. Asian-American patient ratings of physician primary care
performance. J Gen Intern Med 1997;12:237-42.
- Douglas PS, Seto TB. Outcomes research review. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 1998;11:916-20.
- Seto TB, Mittleman MA, Davis RB, Taira DA, Kawachi I. Seasonal variation in coronary artery disease mortality in Hawaii: observational study. BMJ
- Sequist TD, Gandhi TK, Karson AS, Fiskio JM, Bugbee D, Sperling M, Cook EF, Orav EJ, Fairchild DG, Bates DW. A randomized trial of electronic clinial
reminders to improve quality of care for diabetes and coronary artery disease. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2005; 12:431-7.
- Sequist TD, Singh S, Pereira AG, Rusinak D, Pearson SD. Use of an electronic medical record to profile the continuity clinic experiences of primary
care residents. Acad Med. 2005; 80:390-4.
- Sequist TD, Bates DW, Cook EF, Lampert S, Schaefer M, Wright J, Sato L, Lee Th. Prediction of missed myocardial infarction among symptomatic outpatients
without coronary heart disease. Am Heart J. 2005; 149:74-81.
- Yeates KE, Schaubel DE, Cass A, Sequist TD, Ayanian JZ. Access to renal transplantation for minority patients with ESRD in Canada. Am J Kidney
Dis. 2004; 44:1083-9.
- Sequist TD, Narva AS, Stiles SK, Karp SK, Cass A, Ayanian JZ. Access to renal transplantation among American Indians and Hispanics. Am J Kidney
- Sequist TD, Singh S, Pereira A, Pearson SD. On Track: a database for evaluating the outpatient clinical experience of internal medicine residency
training. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003:1002.
- Gandhi TK, Sequist TD, Poon EG, Karson AS, Murff H, Fairchild DG, Kuperman GJ, Bates DW. Primary care clinician attitudes towards electronic clinical
reminders and clinical practice guidelines. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003:848.
- Seward SJ, Safran C, Marton KI, Robinson SH. Does the mean corpuscular volumehelp physicians evaluate hospitalized patients with anemia? J Gen
Intern Med 1990;5:187-91.
- Shaneyfelt TM, Mayo-Smith MF, Rothwangl J. Are guidelines following guidelines? The methodological quality of clinical practice guidelines in the
peer-reviewed medical literature. JAMA 1999;281:1900-5.
- Shaneyfelt TM, Husein R, Bubley G, Mantzoros CS. Hormonal predictors of prostate cancer: a meta-analysis. J Clin Oncol 2000;18:847-53.
- Shea S, Cook EF, Kannel WB, Goldman L. Treatment of hypertension and its effect on cardiovascular risk factors. Circulation 1985;71:22-30.
- Shea S, Fullilove. Entry of black and other minority students into U.S. medical schools. N Engl J Med 1985;313:933-7.
- Goldman L, Shea S, Wolf M, Braunwald E. Clinical and research training in parallel: the internal medicine research residency track at the Brigham
and Women's Hospital. Clin Res 1986;34:1-6.
- Shiang EL, Epstein A, Goldman L. Who provides gynecologic care to women who see internists? Patterns and implications in a primary care internal
medicine center. Am J Prev Med 1985;1:15-21.
- Shmerling RH, Bedell S, Lilienfeld A, Delbanco TL. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a study of elderly outpatients. J Gen Intern Med 1988;3:317-21.
- Shmerling RH, Stern SH, Gravallese EM, Kantrowitz FG. Tophaceous deposition in finger pads without gouty arthritis. Arch Intern Med 1988;148:1830-2.
- Shmerling RH, Parker JA, Johns WD, Trentham DE. Quantitation of joint inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis with Indium-111. Ann Rheum Dis 1990;49:88-92.
- Shmerling RH, Delbanco TL, Tosteson ANA, Trentham DE. Synovial fluid tests: what should be ordered? JAMA 1990;264:1009-14.
- Silverstein MD, Singer DE, Mulley AG, Thibault GE, Barnett GO. Patients with syncope admitted to medical intensive care. JAMA 1982;248:1185-9.
- Mulley AG, Silverstein MD, Dienstag JL. Indications for use of Hepatitis B vaccine, based on cost-effectiveness analysis. N Engl J Med 1982;307:644-52.
- Silverstein MD. A clinical decision analysis program for the Apple computer. Med Decis Making 1983;3:29-37.
- Dienstag JL, Silverstein MD, Mulley AG. The cost-effectiveness of hepatitis B vaccine. J Infection 1983;7(Supp 1):81-4.
- Richter JR, Silverstein MD, Schapiro RH. Suspected obstructive jaundice: a decision analysis of diagnostic strategies. Ann Intern Med 1983;99:46-51.
- Silverstein MD, Mulley AG, Dienstag JL. Should donor blood be screened for elevated alanine aminotransferase levels? A cost effectiveness analysis.
- Silverstein MD, Richter JM, Podolsky DK, Warshaw AL. Suspected pancreatic cancer presenting as pain or weight loss: analysis of diagnostic strategies.
World J Surg 1984;8:839-45.
- Simon SR, Sousa PJ, MacBride SE. The importance of feedback training. Acad Med 1997;72:1-2.
- Simon SR, Lee TH, Goldman L, McDonough AL, Pearson SD. Communication problems for patients hospitalized with chest pain. J Gen Intern Med 1998;13:836-8.
- Simon SR, Pan RJ, Sullivan AM, Clark-Chiarelli N, Connelly MT, Peters AS, Singer JD, Inui TS, Block SD. Views of managed care—a survey of
students, residents, faculty, and deans at medical schools in the United States. N Engl J Med 1999;340:928-36.
- Simon SR, Shaneyfelt TM, Collins MM, Cook EF, Fletcher RH. Faculty training in general internal medicine: a survey of graduates from a research-intensive
fellowship program. Acad Med 1999;74:1253-5.
- Simon SR. Moses Maimonides: medieval physician and scholar. Arch Intern Med 1999;159:1841-5.
- Simon SR, Shaneyfelt TM, McNaughton Collins M, Cook EF, Fletcher RH. Faculty training in general internal medicine: a survey of graduates from
a research-intensive fellowship program. Acad Med 1999;74:1253-5.
- Saha S, Saint S, Cristakis DA, Simon SR, Fihn SD: A survival guide for generalist physicians in academic fellowships: II. Preparing for the transition
to junior faculty. J Gen Intern Med 1999;14:750-4.
- Simon SR, Moore GT. Managed care and graduate medical education in the United States. Med Educ 1999;33:797-8.
- Simon SR, Peters AS, Christiansen CL, Fletcher RH. The effect of medical student teaching on patient satisfaction in a managed care setting. J
Gen Intern Med 2000;15:457-61.
- Singer DE, Muller AG, Thibault GE, Barnett GO. Unexpected readmissions to the coronary care unit during recovery from acute myocardial infarction.
N Engl J Med 1981;304:625-9.
- Smith AK, Davis RB, Krakauer EL. Differences in the quality of the patient-physician relationship among terminally ill African-American and white
patients: impact on advance care planning and treatment preferences. J Gen Intern Med. 2007;22:1579-82. Epub 2007 Sep 19.
- Smith AK, Earle CC, McCarthy EP. Racial and ethnic differences in end-of-life care among fee-for-service Medicare beneficiaries with advanced cancer.
J Am Geriatr 2009;57(1):153-58.
- Smith AK, Fisher J, Schonberg MA, Pallin DJ, Block SD, Forrow L, Phillips RS, McCarthy EP. Am I doing the right thing? Provider perspectives on
improving palliative care in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med 2009;54(1):86-93.
- Smith AK, Ladner D, McCarthy EP. Racial/ethnic disparities in liver transplant surgery and hospice use: parallels, differences, and unanswered
questions. Am J Hospice Pall Care 2008;25(4):285-291.
- Smith AK, McCarthy EP, Paulk E, Balboni TA, Maciejewski, PK, Block SD Prigerson HG. Racial and ethnic differences in advance care planning among
patients with cancer: Impact of terminal illness acknowledgement, religiousness, and treatment preferences. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26(25): 4131-4137
- Smith AK, Schonberg MA, Fisher J. Pallin DJ, Block SD, Forrow L. McCarthy EP. Emergency department experiences of acutely symptomatic patients
with terminal illness and their family caregivers. J Pain Symptoms Manage. 2010; 39(6):972-81.
- Taylor BB, Marcantonio ER, Pagovich O, Carbo A, Bergmann M, Davis RB, Bates DW, Phillips RS, Weingart SN. Do medical inpatients who report poor
service quality experience more adverse events and medical errors? Med Care 2008;46:224-8.
- Lee TH, Thomas EJ, Ludwig L, Sacks D, Johnson PA, Donaldson MC, Cook EF, Pedan A, Kuntz KM, Goldman L. Troponin T as a marker for myocardial ischemia
in patients undergoing major noncardiac surgery. Am J Cardiol 1996;77:1031-6.
- Lopes-Jimenez F, Goldman L, Thomas EJ, Kuntz KM, Sack DB, Lee TH. Predictive value of creatine kinase for diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction
after major noncardiac surgery. Arch Med Res 1998;29:33-7.
- Lopez-Jimenez F, Goldman L, Sacks DB, Thomas EJ, Johnson PA, Cook EF, Lee TH. Prognostic value of cardiac troponin T after noncardiac surgery:
six month follow-up data. J Am Coll Cardiol 1997;29:1241-5.
- Thomas EJ, Burstin HR, Orav EJ, O’Neill AC, Brennan TA. Patient noncompliance with medical advice after the emergency department visit. Ann Emerg
- Thomas EJ, Goldman L, Mangione CM, Marcantonio ER, Cook EF, Ludwig L, Sugarbaker D, Poss R, Donaldson M, Lee T. Body mass index as a correlate
of postoperative complications and resource utilization. Am J Med 1997;102:277-83.
- Thorndike AN, Rigotti NA, Stafford RS, Singer DE. National patterns in the treatment of smokers by physicians. JAMA 1998;279:604-8.
- Thorndike AN, Ferris TG, Stafford RS, Rigotti NA. Rates of U.S. physicians counseling adolescents about smoking. J Natl Cancer Inst 1999;91:1857-62.
- Trivedi AN, Gibbs B, Nsiah-Jefferson L, Ayanian JZ, Prothrow-Stith D. Creating a state minority health policy report card. Health Aff 2005; 24:388-96.
- Trivedi AN, Zaslavsky AM, Schneider EC, Ayanian JZ. Trends in the quality of care and racial disparaties in Medicare managed care. N Engl J Med
- Udvarhelyi IS, Jennison K, Phillips RS, Epstein AM. Comparison of the quality of ambulatory care for fee-for-service and prepaid patients. Ann
Intern Med 1991;115:394-400.
- Udvarhelyi IS, Goldman L, Komaroff A, Lee TH. Determinants of resource utilization for patients admitted for evaluation of acute chest pain. J
Gen Intern Med 1992;7:1-10.
- Udvarhelyi IS, Rosborough T, Lofgren RP, Lurie N, Epstein AM. Teaching status and resource use for patients with acute myocardial infarction: a
new look at the indirect costs of graduate medical education. Am J Pub Health 1990;80:1095-1100.
- Udvarhelyi IS, Colditz G, Rai A, Epstein AM. Cost effectiveness analysis: is the methodology being used correctly? Ann Intern Med 1992;116:238-44.
- Vargas RB, Davis RB, McCarthy EP, Li D, Iezzoni LI. Racial and ethnic differences in utilization of health services in patients with diabetes enrolled
in Medicaid. J Health Care Poor Underserved 2004;15:562-75.
- Vom Eigen KA, Delbanco TL, Phillips RS. Perceptions of quality of care and decisions to leave a practice. Am J Med Qual 1998;13:181-7.
- Vom Eigen KA, Walker JD, Edgman-Levitan S, Cleary PD, Delbanco TL. Carepartner experiences with hospital care. Med Care 1995;37:33-8.
- Wee CC, Phillips RS, Aurigemma G, Erban S, Kriegel G, Riley M, Douglas PS. Risk for valvular heart disease among users of fenfluramine and dexfenfluramine
who underwent echocardiography before use of medication. Ann Intern Med 1998;129:870-4.
- Wee C, McCarthy EP, Phillips RS. Physician counseling about exercise in the United States. JAMA 1999;282:1583-8
- Wee CC, McCarthy EP, Davis RB, Phillips RS. Screening for cervical and breast cancer: is obesity an unrecognized barrier to preventive care? Ann
Intern Med 2000;132:697-704.
- Wee CC, Phillips RS, Burstin HR, Cook EF, Puopolo AL, Brennan TA, Haas JS. Influence of financial productivity incentives on the use of preventive
care. Am J Med 2001;110:181-7.
- Weinstein AR, Sesso HD, Lee IM, Cook NR, Manson JE, Buring JE, Gaziano JM. Relationship of physical activity vs body mass index with type
2 diabetes in women. JAMA 2004;292:1188-94.
- Wennberg DE, Dickens JD, Jr., Biener L, Fowler FJ, Jr., Soule DN. Do physicians do what they say? The inclination to test and its association with
coronary angiography rates. J Gen Intern Med 1997;12:172-6.
- Wharam JF, Landon BE, Galbraith AA, Kleinman KP, Soumerai SB, Ross-Degnan D. Emergency department use and subsequent hospitalizations among members
of a high-deductible health plan. JAMA 2007;297:1093-102.
- Wharam JF, Daniels N. Toward evidence-based policy making and standardized assessment of health policy reform. JAMA 2007;298:676-9.
- Wilper AP, Woolhandler S, Lasser KE, McCormick D, Bor DH, Himmelstein DU. Hypertension, diabetes, and elevated cholesterol among insured and uninsured
U.S.adults. Health Aff (Millwood). 2009;28(6):w1151-9
- Wilper AP, Woolhandler S, Lasser KE, McCormick D, Bor DH, Himmelstein DU. Health insurance and mortality in US adults. Am J Public Health. 2009;99(12):2289-95.
- Wilper AP, Woolhandler S, Boyd JW, Lasser KE, McCormick D, Bor DH, Himmelstein DU. The health and health care of US prisoners: results of a nationwide
survey. Am J Public Health. 2009 Apr;99(4):666-72
- Wilper AP, Woolhandler S, Lasser KE, McCormick D, Bor DH, Himmelstein DU. A national study of chronic disease prevalence and access to care in
uninsured U.S. adults. Ann Intern Med. 2008;149(3):170-6.
- Wilper AP, Woolhandler S, Lasser KE, McCormick D, Cutrona SL, Bor DH, Himmelstein DU. Waits to see an emergency department physician: U.S. trends
and predictors, 1997-2004. Health Aff 2008;w84-w95.
- Wilson IB, Green ML, Goldman L, Tsevat J, Cook EF, Phillips RS. Is experience a good teacher? How interns and attending physicians understand patients’
choices for end-of-life care. Med Decis Making 1997;17:217-27.
- Wilson IB, Quality of care and HIV infection: theory and practice. J Acquir Immun Defic Syndr Hum Retroviral 1995;8(supp1):531-44
- Wilson IB, Cleary PD. Linking clinical variables with health-related quality of life. A conceptual model of patient outcomes. JAMA 1995;273:59-65.
- Wilson IB, Cleary PD. Clinical predictors of decline physical functioning in persons with AIDS: results of longitudinal study. J Acquir Immun Defic
Syndrome Hum Retroviral 1997;16:343-9.
- Wolsko PM, Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Ettner SL, Phillips RS. Insurance coverage, medical conditions, and visits to alternative medicine providers:
results of a national study. Arch Intern Med 2002;162:281-7.
- Wolsko PM, Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Kessler R, Phillips RS. Patterns and perceptions of care for treatment of back and neck pain: results of a national
survey. Spine 2003;28:292-7.
- Wolsko PM, Eisenberg DM, Simon LS, Davis RB, Walleczek J, Mayo-Smith M, Kaptchuk TJ, Phillips RS. Double-blind placebo-controlled trial of static
magnets for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: results of a pilot study. Altern Ther Health Med. 2004; (2):36-43.
- Wolsko PM, Eisenberg DM, David RB, Phillips RS. Use of mind-body medical therapies. J Gen Intern med. 2004; (1):43-50.
- Yeh GY, Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Phillips RS. Use of complementary and alternative medicine among persons with diabetes mellitus: results of a national
survey. Am J Public Health 2002;92:1648-52.
- Yeh GY, Eisenberg DM, Kaptchuk TJ, Phillips RS. Systematic review of herbs and dietary supplements for glycemic control in diabetes. Diabetes Care
- Yeh GY, Phillips RS, Davis RB, Eisenberg DM, Cherkin DC. Visit time as a framework for reimbursement: time spent with chiropractors and acupuncturists.
Altern Ther Health Med 2003;9:88-94.
Copyright © 2015 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College